Sign in to follow this  
Blademun

Everon evac

How do you beat this mission? I bought the game a few days ago with my X-mas money. I was doing fine till this mission. Now it seems no matter what strategy I try I die, and there are no save posistions so I have to START ALL THE WAY OVER AGAIN. i'v been playing this mission over and over for two days. mad.gif I like a hard game but this is insane...

PS yes I did do a search on this, there was one post on it. it got one lovely 2 line reply. 'Go to provins, kill some guys, destroy that bmp, get the uAZ and go to the forest.'

Ohhh, that helps lots man. Which guys? Where? With what, how? I aim at them, I fire at them but they don't die. I have to get right up to them before my gun is accurate. and their accuracy is top notch.

welcome to most frustrating part of 1985 campagin. wink.gif

there are several different ways that ppl finished that mission, and i'm guessing that you did not search under key word 'after montignac'

If you go into the town slowly just steal a car from there.

Thats wot i did.

If you can not manage it, you may try to use the "save cheat", because I think the mission maker has forgotten to add some save points biggrin.gif .

Hold the left shift key and press the "-" key on your keyboard's numeric keypad. Then you can write "savegame" to save your current position. But remember: your old save game will be overwritten. So think before saving.

With this little help you should be able to complete the mission, but it's still hard to play.

wink.gif

sweet old mission.. but i wonder how people found the car.. i mean i played it several times and i always go just south in the trees, cross the opens when it clear, those between the forest you start in and the south of it, is the only i kill.. except sometimes i take those in the start. Then you walk in that forest. Run over the road.. thats the most tricky part since you got a open field but you still don't spot everyone so easy and your heartbeat is high.. the car is just cheating wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GranQ @ Dec. 30 2002,17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the car is just cheating wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!

Said like a pro! tounge.gif

well, I'v tryed leaveing the forest on the NE corner, crawling through the border trees coming to the far one, which puts me in a grand posistion to take out that 4 man patrol and the BMP. They'll see me if I move from the tree, they always do. So I just load my LAW and fire right in the middle of their group, kill all four of them. Reload the Law, fire at the BMP, kill that, turn, arm the M16 and run from the tree to get to the gas station. Once at the gas station I have to deal with three-four guys running out of Provins. They seem to be Spetznatz quality. If it weren't so dang dark I could kill them, but this early in the morning I just CANNOT see them against the terrain. And they can see me fine.

This took me ages to complete, i just used to blitz across the field, then i'd steel the trackter and drive to the forest to the south/southwestertly.

Then i'd get killed!

After about 50 trys and getting real far i finaly got to the waypoint and the resistance guys doing the assault (I'm trying not to spoil it) killed me with a grenade.

I then went totaly insane and did a few death charges towards squads of men and BMPs, then i turned into rambo (from the first film) and got real stealthy, finaly got to the waypoint again and didn't get killed by the resistance people!

Go to a soldier near a tree (hes dead) and take his binocs and law and head towards provins (if u r too dumb to find out where to go on the map, i cant help u), once at provins, u can either go way to the right and around the bmp to the car and drive with all due speed towards the evac point or u can attempt to take out the men and the bmp. i noticed that u said u couldnt hit them, if u cant shoot straight, once again, i cannot help u. Once in the UAZ, drive to the south to the far left of the road, drive right beside the forest until it ends for a short way and theres a little dirt road then another forest, cross this small expanse quickly due to a machine gunner and a soldier that r there and move to the next forest, ditch ur UAZ there and head into the forst, now unless ur game messed up (like mine once) the evac point should hav been changed. go toward this evac point which is in the same forest. cutscene. now ur in a tent. soon as u see the russkies pull out their guns run out of the tent, they shouldnt fire on u. pick up a gun if u feel the need or just leave. end of mission

Get down on your belly, set the game to 4x speed... and crawl all the way... using bushes, trees etc. as cover