pierremgi

Mission parameters on dedicated

Hi all,

I spent hours trying to run my MP mission, choosing parameters in lobby.

First of all, the mission works fine in SP/MP.

I can choose parameters on hosted server.

When I run a dedicated server,  loading mods + mission + server config, that works but the parameters are inoperative (you can just read them).

I guess it's an option or an admin question. I read several topics about dedicated server. I don't use any extra options like -autoinit

So, I'm lost. I'd like to access my mission parameters on dedi like on hosted.

Thanks for your help.

You need to be logged in as admin to change parameters on an MP server

Tks. Is there a way to be logged as admin, straight at start of the mission on client?

You can log in before the mission is running, even as early as the role selection screen.

• Thanks 1

Ok, I understand I can #login adminpassword  in lobby, and even #login  if my admin Id is declared by admins[] in server.cfg

I thought there was a mean to log as admin automatically (my server is private and built for mission test)

Anyway, I'm struggling with one problem more.

I run a LAN connection for the server (coming along with the arma3server_x64.exe) on my laptop.

I can easily find it on my desk PC.

I don't have any configuration problem with my 2 PCs, linked by wifi + CPL 1200, good enough to watch videos without lag.

The fact is my LAN shows a ping fluctuating from ~80 to ~240, with an average of 150. That's, more or less, the same pings I have playing on Internet, from Tahiti to US servers (7000km distance!)

So, why such poor ping for a LAN? I can play and test my mission but any help for improving performance will be appreciated.

Thanks

Note: test pings from PC to PC, with local IP addresses: 2 or 3 ms both ways.  So, I guess it's a server config problem.

On 17.12.2018 at 3:35 AM, pierremgi said:

The fact is my LAN shows a ping fluctuating from ~80 to ~240, with an average of 150.

Are you sure that's the actual ping that you are getting? And not just a measuring/display error? It's still Arma afterall, don't forget that.

• Like 1

I think you're right. That rotten ping is one displayed on server page for connection. While in game, on map menus, the player pings and bandwidths seem OK.