Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

Rescue Sergei

This mission is simply imposible! And it's stupid as well!

I'm able to reach the base. After jumping into the shilka I usually get rid of the mi17. And all of a sudden - one more of the silly choppers arrive and sends me to the next life. How is it possible to beat this mission?

Anyone know?

It's not hard at all... i beat it on my 3rd try. Besides that there has been 3 posts about this I beleive.

PS: Try going to Sergei on foot and heading back on foot..

One way is to rush right through the first enemy base, and quickly pass the enemy vehicles further on your route. This will give you enough time to reach the base with sergei.

(Unfortunatly, if you don't give your mates exact orders to also go through the base, they will drive next to the base and get killed by mines)

It's also fun to shoot down the helicopters with your tank (sabots). smile.gif

I stormed thorough the resistance in the first few towns in my tank and then went into the base where Sergei is held and put the tank between the barracks and the mi-17 didn't bother me. When it had cleared off I ran down the tent and the two guards just layed down as I told Segei to board my tank. After that I just hit the throttle and drove straight on (over the wilderness, I think), without bothering at the Russian men and tanks I had to pass to the extraction point. The mi-17 was shadowing me all the way, firing rockets but missing, (I don't think the ai can compensate for movement) and it was pretty scary when the mission didn't end as soon as I hit the extraction. The mi-17 curled around but the mission ended before he had chance to do anything! Phew!

It is easiest to sneak around on foot in this mission... Driving around in a BMP or Tank in this one draws way too much attention to yourself. I drove drive most of the way there and then got out and ran into forest when Choppers turned up...then I ran around by foot.. Good Luck

Gave my mates order to hide at the evac point with the BMP rigth at the start, then I just stormed foreward to sergei in the tank. After telling him board, I drove east, downhill in the forest surrounding the base (using the skill of "wooddriving"). Before leaving the forest, I exited the tank with sergei and continued on foot, staying at the north border of the mission area. From there, I made my way back to the evac point with sergei (long trip since sergei mostly walks because he don't have a gun), I didn't encounter any resistance at all, except a Mi24 hovering passivly over a forest, took some potshots at it, but it didn't react so walked to the evac point.

How I completed the mission...

First off, turn right and head straight down to the waters edge, follow the waterline up the coast. You will come under fire from the huge enemy base.. but I took no damage, and the BMP with the other two men in it survived with no damage as well.

Continue up the coast. The first time you see a chopper. Stop, get into the gunners position, and shoot it down.

Continue on to the base where Sergei is. Drive in, take out the RPG soldier with the tanks machine gun... shoot the other soldiers. Get out of the tank.. Get Sergei.. tell everyone to get into the Shilka, with you as the Driver (at this point I had lost 1 of the backup men, allowing everyone to fit into the shilka. If you still have everyone, tell the other guy to get into the BMP or tank) Drive back the same way you came, keeping as close to the water as possible.

A second helicopter may attack you, but in the Shilka you can easily shoot it down without stopping. Drive past the enemy base on the waterline once again. I lost my other backup man at this point (He was in the commander's position) But i made it back to the RV point without loosing Sergei or one vehicle.

I just headed for the camp at full speed. When the tank was damged by the helo I dropped it and walked on foot to the base where Sergej is kept. I entered the base killed the enemies and headed back on foot. (tell Sergej to pick up a weapon)

That was easy.

i jsut went straight to enemy base and blew chooper away with tank then went down the road and blew second chopper away witht tank then went to sergie whos a real dumbass cuz he stood thre going in cricles like he woz dizzy so shoved him in tank and went back through base to end. it sound easy but it took ages i woz blowin shit kingdom come