Dunkelheit II

Cannot get in vehicle in multiplayer mission

Hi. There is a certain vehicle in multiplayer mission, which neither players nor ais cannot get in. Vehicle is created by respawn, there is get in menu, get in animation, but it is as if busy. MoveIn\AssignAs\OrderGetIn commands don't help.  There are no lags, vehicle is not locked, the side is proper and all works offline in the same mission. What can be the cause of this?

It is simply createVehicle with ?!(local GameLogic): exit parameter. PublicVariable also does not help.

• Confused 1

Well, when the vehicle is created without ?!(local GameLogic): exit parameter there is no problem with getting in. But without it the notorious problem of vehicle doubling arises. So my question is - is there any working script to delete all vehicles except one after (while) creation?

It's been a while since you've met the local command and I don't think you understand the locality in MP

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Locality_in_Multiplayer

Here's the link

You may have a doubled script so check that too (It's possible)

And you should try using reveal command because it takes a while for OFP's engine to recognize that the vehicle/object is there after being teleported (Use "unitname reveal vehicle" oh also effects are local so you gotta make sure its executed on the client)

There are several spawning script packages around and they all have some basic things in common.

# 1 A GameLogic placed on the map named "server".

# 2 The first line of the script : ?!(local Server): goto "end" (or just exit)

# 3 You need to introduce delays between spawns and also crews boarding vehicles, like Alex says above OFP needs time for all players connected to the server to synchronize.

Spawned vehicles are local to the player.

Some scripts even take an extra step using a "Dummy Unit" to execute grouping of units.

BTW... placing one empty vehicle or unit of each type you want to spawn on the map will reduce lags.

He should just send his scripts people here can easily fix it :D

Oh have you also tried different vehicle (Like the jeep without mods) with the ?!(local GameLogic): exit it may be a problem with the vehicle itself on config if its a mod

1 hour ago, prototype1479 said:

Oh have you also tried different vehicle (Like the jeep without mods) with the ?!(local GameLogic): exit it may be a problem with the vehicle itself on config if its a mod

Yes, it seems to be, because the problem is precisely with one vehicle. But I cannot understand what in config can cause such a specific bug.

To summarise:

1. The problem is with only one vehicle.

2. The problem is when I use ?!(local GameLogic): exit parameter. Otherwise problem disappears, but doubling emerges.

3. Reveal does not help.

4. There are no doubled scripts.

5. The delays are provided.

I would be satisfied simply by a way to delete odd vehicles.

So you're saying that jeep or m1a1 or whatever would work without doubling then...

Can you get in both of the same typed vehicles without ?!(local GameLogic): exit command? Or just the one spawned by you and not by server?

?!(local GameLogic): exit should fix the doubling problem and how does vehicle spawn? By clicking a button or action menu or event handler or what?

And when you try to get in the vehicle the animation stops and you return back to your original standing animation right?

So you're saying that jeep or m1a1 or whatever would work without doubling then...

Yes, under ?!(local GameLogic): exit condition.

Can you get in both of the same typed vehicles without ?!(local GameLogic): exit command?

Yes, but with a double.

?!(local GameLogic): exit should fix the doubling problem and how does vehicle spawn? By clicking a button or action menu or event handler or what?

By action menu through createVehicle.

And when you try to get in the vehicle the animation stops and you return back to your original standing animation right?

There is get in animation without result and then return back to original standing animation.

Ok now it seems that there is a misinformation here you spawn a vehicle trough by just using the action menu and there's doubling and there shouldn't be because scripts executed from action menu is already local to its client(I think it can be global in other ARMA's)

You sure this is OFP were talking about by the way(and also not action menu)? Because sometimes people mix it up with ARMA in forums

It is special action added by script in OFP. And ?!(local GameLogic): exit is used to prevent doubling. And it actually prevents it for all vehicles, but the problem is that for a certain vehicle it creates an impossibility to get in.

Ok I got few possibilities in my mind so try this ? local GameLogic : exit this will make the server exit the script but you (AKA the client) still execute it and make the vehicle local to yourself (This is just a test don't keep it like this forever I'm not even kidding)

If this doesn't work then here's the possibilities I got in my mind its config related OR there's another script that's making things worse OR you're just trolling us :D

try this ? local GameLogic : exit

I can get in, but I cannot test a doubling quickly, and logically it must be. I suspect it is about config, but cannot even imagine what in config could create such a complicated bug.

I'm not sure if you tested it but either way I'll say that this is gonna still create more vehicles depending on how many players are in server it's just that server won't spawn one but if you try ?!(local GameLogic): exit then server is going to spawn it and its not local to you and its local to server so I guess it not being local to you messes things up

so I guess it not being local to you messes things up

Of course, but what is wonderful that it is about only one vehicle.

There's still a way to make this possible you can try to put this on action menu script MyPlayer = player ; publicvariable "MyPlayer"

And then at the script that spawns the vehicle put ? not local MyPlayer : exit

Since the client who executed the script is local to himself the other clients and the server will exit the script

There's still a way to make this possible you can try to put this on action menu script MyPlayer = player ; publicvariable "MyPlayer"

In this case there is a double, with one vehicle I cannot get in and one I can (when 2 players).

This is getting to be endless....

Send your script and name the vehicles you have problems with.

• Thanks 1