I am currently working on making an evidence locker, I know people don't just give it away. But if anyone knows the steps for making an Evidence locker that would be much Appreciated.

27 minutes ago, Evan_Olson said:

I know people don't just give it away

On this forum, knowledge is shared freely. However, the quality of the answers you receive is often directly proportional to the amount of information you share regarding what you are trying to do. 

"I want an evidence locker" is right down there at the bottom end of the scale as far as "supplied information" goes.

• What exactly - I'll say again, exactly - is it you want to accomplish?
  • Do you just need a script, or do you also need a model? 
  • Do you have an example?
  • What have you done so far?
  • How much are you willing to do?

Regarding the last two questions, if the answers to both are "nothing," then you would be better served posting this in Find or Offer Editing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Harzach I want to make an Evidence locker for a server that I and a few friends are starting/ Trying to startup. We want to include Evidence Locker. I only need a script or a place in which I can find steps to making an evidence locker. For example, Project Silver Lake's evidence locker. A place in which sized weapons are stored. I have not done anything so far, however, I am willing to do plenty if required. 

Again. Exactly.

I can only guess that what you want is a crate into which you can place items, and which can only be accessed by certain players/slots/whatever. But that's me guessing. Putting people in that position tends to make them walk away.

Yes, that is what an evidence locker is. A place in which evidence is stored, so yes, I do want a crate which confiscated weapons can be stored that can only be accessed by BluFor/Cops 

I looks as though you are going to have a lot of questions regarding starting a Life server. You might also consider asking your questions on some Life-oriented forums, as the folks there will likely have the answers you seek at hand, not to mention that A3L is ... not a popular topic here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A3L is ... not a popular topic here.

First and foremost because A3L players naturally infer that life is all there is to arma, that we know what they're talking about when they don't explain and that people here are gonna do their scripts for them.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mr H. said:

First and foremost because A3L players naturally infer that life is all there is to arma, that we know what they're talking about when they don't explain and that people here are gonna do their scripts for them.

Evidence -> Busted! :rofl::rofl:

• Haha 2

@Mr H. Just because I am trying to start an A3L server doesn't mean I think Life is all that ArmA should/is used for. I play CTI with friends here and there, as well as KOTH, and Wasteland. I don't have a grasp of Scripting like you but at least I don't insult people, I'm trying to get better at scripting through the server I am trying to start. This forum has brilliant minds on it, but it people like you with Big Ego's that draw people away from coming here and sometimes the game because they are trying to find something to do. The game has been out for so long and is no longer fun when you have played for as long as I have. I have 5600 hours on Arma and I am trying to Script to find something fun and new. But I really don't want to use this place, which could be the most useful because of you. I understand I didn't give the best explanation. I was asking for someone to point me in the right direction or a link to where I can find the information useful. 

@Harzach Thankyou for your help, I went and asked on an A3L based forum and got what I am looking for, Thank you again for your help.

@Evan_Olson  I did mean to troll a little but not to be insulting (and I don't think I was). Anyway glad you found what you were looking for.