Sign in to follow this  
CaptainDawson

Any multiplayer recommendations for a new player?

Hi,

I'm looking to get into multiplayer. When I look at the server list, it just seems overwhelming! The majority of them all require different mods, and I don't want to keep changing my mod list every time I want to try out a server. Any recommendations on game modes or specific servers I should try out?

Thanks

What sort of gameplay are you looking for?

• Like 1

Mostly casual style gameplay, as I don't really have time to dedicate hours on end to learn or play.

Organized conventional PvE/PvPwarfare? Post-apocalypse survival? Role-play as a weed farmer? There's a lot of variety out there.

Personally, the only public servers I ever join are Invade & Annex - find one that's full and you'll likely have some fun. It has been a while, but 7Cav was always good for a casual session, with a couple of servers running I&A on Altis and Tanoa. 77th JSOC for a highly organized (almost milsim) session, good if you grow tired of public asshattery, but slower pacing.

You might find an occasional Insurgency server of some flavor, but overall quality of that experience is very inconsistent.

BECTI Warfare is an old-school favorite, though I have never played it.

If you are looking for conventional PvP, there aren't many options. I will point you toward Frontline, which has roots going back through Tactical Battlefield to the  Battlefield 2 mod/total conversion Project Reality, so it's all about teamwork/communication.

As for other playstyles, I can't really comment.

• Like 1

For PvP King of the Hill is the cookie cutter solution. No mods required if you don't play on RHS servers. Go for the infantry servers (not vehicle) to reduce the challenge level.

You might enjoy Escape or Zeus mode for co-op. Zeus experience tends to be very variable though - I'd rate it mostly casual anyway.

• Like 1