gc8

Check for certain keys

Hi

I'm making a script where player has to press one button to rotate through objects and another button to place that object. The problem is how do I know to pick such buttons the player has not binded?

Or maybe I use the movement keys (default  wasd) but that might move the player and how do I know those are in fact player's movement keys?

thanks for any advice!

If you have cba enabled you can use its setting system to define keys, if you do not want a dependency to cba you can use

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/displayAddEventHandler

@Mr H. Thanks , i'm using the EH. But I may still need some solution to check the player keybindings I guess.

here's an example:

findDisplay 46 displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", 
{

if (inputAction "showMap" >0) then {call MRH_fnc_MilsimTools_EnhancedMap_openMapInputAction;};
}];

};

and here's the list of inputAction actions: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/inputAction/actions

• Thanks 1

@Mr H. Thanks!  Think I have the right tools now :)

• Haha 1

Cough cough, another solution passing here.

I'd recommend using inputAction. Of course, it's up to you that which you want to use.

3 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

Cough cough, another solution passing here.

I'd recommend using inputAction. Of course, it's up to you that which you want to use.

That's what i said ^^  look above

1 hour ago, Mr H. said:

That's what i said ^^  look above

Oops, ignore that.

However, why are you using inputAction along with displayAddEventHandler? I have no idea, doesn't make sense.

EDIT: Damn my brain, it does make sense, just I'll take another solution to do it. My God, ignore this too.

• Haha 2