20180412124808_1.jpg

Download Links:

NR6 Sites:

NR6 Sites 1.0 (Google Drive)

INTRODUCTION

As I have been working on expanding battlefield immersion in scenarios set up using HAL, I've wanted a lightweight script that could populate bases and observation posts without causing too much strain. So I made this small script that uses a very slightly modified CBA defense script similar to the one used in CBA's defense module. This script's goals are to add unpredictability in the way bases are set up and to speed up and facilitate the setup of such sites.

Although I also made a remake of the stock BI Sites module so that it works with any mod, I have found that such module put too much of a strain in most missions and didn't work well in large scale scenarios so I didn't publish it yet as I believe this is a better alternative.

USAGE

Add all files inside mission directory.

Called using:

[position of site, radius of site, number of groups, chance for patrol,,minimum building size, side, array of available groups for guard to spawn (can be a config path or array), controlled HAL leaders] call NR6_Sites;

Ex: [(getPos this),100,4,0.2,1,west,[['rhsusf_army_ocp_teamleader', 'rhsusf_army_ocp_grenadier','rhsusf_army_ocp_autorifleman','rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman'],['rhsusf_army_ocp_grenadier', 'rhsusf_army_ocp_rifleman']], [LeaderHQ,LeaderHQB]] call NR6_fnc_Sites;

I recommend placing the call inside the init of an object or game logic you plan on using as site center the same way I did in the example above.

FEATURES

Places a fully configurable site or patrol on the position it is called on. Troops can occupy buildings and garrison a position while also patrolling the designated area. Fully adapted to work with ZBE_Cache and HAL. In the case of HAL, the units spawned are NOT controlled as they serve as independent defense. The main difference added in this version of the CBA defense script is that it spawns units which are immediately moved to their garrison positions instead of ordering them to reach their positions. It behaves in that sense similarly to the BI Sites script.

CHANGE LOG

NR6 Site 1.00

-Initial release

CREDITS

All credits for CBA go to the CBA Team who made the framework on which my script is based. As this addon uses the CBA defense code with mild modifications, all credits for such code go to them.

BUG REPORTING

If you encounter any bugs, feel free to comment and provide feedback on this thread.

REQUIREMENTS

Event though the script includes the code from CBA that has been modified, Community Base Addons is a critical requirement for the sites to function.

License:

As CBA is licensed under GPLv2, so is this script which uses slightly modified code from it.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

• Like 5

The NR6 Sites script will, from now on, be supported and updated only in the NR6 Pack. This thread will no longer be monitored by me and the standalone support is discontinued as this is a script that works best in conjunction with HAL.