jonekone

Experimental ports have been updated to version 1.82

Well the Arma Gods have rained their blessings .. not Ryan Blessings ... over us Linux users :D And it makes us so happy, I mean "Screw windows 10 and their facebook ways!", Linux for ever and ever and ever.. Vulcan API and all that niceness.

that said.. The damn Server Browser doesn't work on 1.82, and I did verify my data, and it did work properly on 1.80, all other Steam Linux games work properly.. What is going on? Can anybody help? Does it work for other Linux users?

Also in new 1.82 version pressing any button on my Logitech e3dPro joystick leads to Arma3 crash. Playing with joystick from 1.64

Windows version is up to 1.84 as far as i know, linux/mac is on 1.82 currently.

The new version broke mods that rely on detecting the OS to decide which libs to load. Specifically, ACE3 won't work at all now instead of just disabling parts of it that don't have a native library.

To quote the person who actually found the problem:

15:04 ***: productVersion on the newest linux release returns Windows instead of Linux, breaking some mods.
 15:04 ***: there's your text

He's not willing to take time to report this, unfortunately, and I'm not sure how to demonstrate the problem clearly.