ILWZWB

A problem solved in arma2 has not been solved in arma3

In arma2, when the AI controls the tank, it will switch the appropriate ammunition to attack the target according to the target's different targets. For example, when attacking a fire team or an anti-tank team, the AI will use the machine gun and switch the HE ammunition to attack soft targets such as these infantry.  In arma3, however, AI does not switch ammunition when operating tanks. They only use machine guns to attack enemy infantry, even if they have many RPGs. If you switch the HE ammo for AI, the AI will not switch the AP when it encounters an enemy armored target later. AI will attack the enemy tank with HE until HE runs out of ammo. Seriously? It's 2018.I used to believe that AI would be improved after Tank DLC,  but it turns out I was wrong, nothing has changed. I really love ArmA series, and I hope it will be better. However, I don't think the problems that have been solved in arma2 should be repeated in arma3. Arma3 should be better and hopefully your development team will be able to solve this problem in the future. Best wishes, thank you.

Vanilla AI (without additional scripted behaviors) has never (in any Arma) been able to select munition (magazine) depending on the situation. AI has only been able to select different weapons and their firemodes. Since A3 the munition can specify what is its purpose, but the AI will only prioritize targets differently with it, it won't switch between munitions. Our progs have tried to add this (a capability of the AI to pick munition depending on the situation) at points during the A3 development but the whole AI target selection, weighing and prioritization, combined with weapon, muzzle and weapon fire modes, reload times, etc. has proven too complex already to add another layer of complexity.

• Like 1

there is this workaround originally developed by theOden:

its a bit of a config hack, but alright

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2018/7/30 at 8:51 PM, oukej said:

Vanilla AI (without additional scripted behaviors) has never (in any Arma) been able to select munition (magazine) depending on the situation. AI has only been able to select different weapons and their firemodes. Since A3 the munition can specify what is its purpose, but the AI will only prioritize targets differently with it, it won't switch between munitions. Our progs have tried to add this (a capability of the AI to pick munition depending on the situation) at points during the A3 development but the whole AI target selection, weighing and prioritization, combined with weapon, muzzle and weapon fire modes, reload times, etc. has proven too complex already to add another layer of complexity.

Thanks for your reply.However,in ARMA2,the AI can switch the ammunition of the Main Gun.

no any mod,only one "allowDamage" script.

AI attack enemy infantry with HE

0570390EB20DD5EABD8E5C0EE8F85C43EF19F6D8

137E77A415422EDCDF79411009FC3B589DFEA052

When I as a driver,you can see the AI commander's order

16A34A158DD51CFDA4D7F32AB5D11A1B6E90E240

4B2D3DFDF5EBE5B02D71E2752215DC489A028D7B