GimbleFIN_

2 things need to happen, and the sooner the better!

I see it very critical to sort it out very quickly before people get bored/pissed off & drop game.

1) A proper Duo-mode. Some system like in The Culling that player spawn on opposite side of map etc. Maybe resources other than weapons could be split between these two to avoid looting race and support team play. (other guy loots, other guy watch his back win/win)

2) Preventing the current "unofficial Duo mode" which happens in just about every match atm. I don't blame people that they want to experience the new game together. There should be no surprise to anyone, some people want to play together and if this is the only way they do it. BUT it's totally unfair and ruins the experience for real Solo players. There has to be some algorithm that prevent this. This definitely shouldn't be the only way. And if a player coun't need to be raised a little lit (10? 12?) because of this then so be it!

While waiting for "real solution" for #2 maybe I would consider quick-match as a workaround for those who prefer to play "Real Solo" The quick match wouldn't let you know which map you are going before match starts, that would of course make #2 significantly harder and we would see more "proper Solo games" Current situation is that we barely see any, most of the games have teams atm.

Pretty sure there will be a duo mode in the game preview which I think we will get a release date for on wednesday

3 hours ago, Pyrit. said:

Changelog 0.5.25128

Changed: Matchmaking status now displays elapsed time instead of player count 

My assumption is #2 is trying to be solved with this but with expected player population it's nowhere near to be solved and team play will continue to happen as before. In fact I'm not even sure if this an improvement or just annoying while not being able to see that if match will start sometime soon, or are you maybe just sitting alone in queue and it's not even going to start for ages -> change map. (waste of precious playing time)

I hope players in queue feature (or some other indication that shows progress of game either starting or not) is restored later.

My proposal_still is to add quick match option with separate queue and random map for those who want to have better change to play Solo and not facing a Team in every game. Hope this is on backlog, maybe it is but needs more work to be implemented? It's expected that even a proper Duo mode will not solve the "Teams in Solo" -problem. I see the problem staying unfortunately.

• Like 1

i wrote about this same issue last week. now idk if the matchmaking change will have any affect on the solo queue teaming but for the sake of the games future i hope it does. its a total killer to the game experience and i truly hope the devs find a way to resolve it. i agree that even if they add the duo matchmaking it may not totally fix the issue with players teaming up in solos to have an advantage over actual solo players. 

still with that being said im staying positive that the game will continue to improve throughout the preview and that the devs continue to read player feedback. 

On release today there is going to be a lot more servers than in the preview which should make it more difficult, admittedly not impossible to match with a friend. 

If it's a major issue in the next week or so i think it will force there hand to find a solution. 

It's out !  can't wait to finish work :) #whatifhumanityfalls

• Like 1