mattjb

[ACE] calling progressBar does not work in vehicles

I can't seem to wrap my head around why ace_common_fnc_progressBar starts and immediately quits (within a frame) when inside a vehicle, but works fine when outside a vehicle.

Could anyone shed some light on this?

I've simplified the non-working code down to being this as simple as this:

_target = _this select 0;
_player = _this select 1;
[
    [],
    {true},
    {true},
    "ProgressBar...",
    {true}
] call ace_common_fnc_progressBar;

Calling the script containing the above with:

_progressbartest = ["progress_bar_test", "<t color='#00ff00'>ProgressBar Test</t>","", {[_target,_player] execVM "wolfpak\scripts\wolfpak_progresbartest.sqf"},{true}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
[_unit, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions"], _progressbartest] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

Additionally, the success code segment is never being hit here. 

[_unit, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions"], _progressbartest] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

Where is _unit defined? You have:

_unit = player;

Sorry if that seemed confusing, I'll provide the whole WolfPAKinit.sqf here.

The _progressbartest handle just calls a test script that I've temporarily embedded into the mod.

It is stripped down to just the essentials of calling an ACE progressBar at its most primitive functionality (returning true). 

_fullheal is the handle for the main script which is exhibiting the same progressBar behavior.

WolfPAKinit.sqf

[[], {
    if (isServer) exitWith {};

waitUntil {
        !(isNull player) &&
        {(player == player)} &&
        {!isNil "BIS_fnc_init"}
    };

_unit = player;

if (hasInterface) then {
        if (isNil {_unit getVariable ["WolfPAKActive", nil]}) then {
            _unit setVariable ["WolfPAKActive", true];
            // WolfPAK v1.5 - initialization code
            _fullHeal = ["full_heal", "<t color='#00ff00'>WolfPAK (Full Heal)</t>","", {[_target,_player] execVM "wolfpak\scripts\wolfpak_aceaction.sqf"},{(('ACE_personalAidKit' in (items _player + assignedItems _player)) or ('ACE_personalAidKit' in (items _target + assignedItems _target))) and ( (!(_target getVariable ['ACE_medical_bodyPartStatus',[0,0,0,0,0,0]] isEqualTo [0,0,0,0,0,0])) or (_target getVariable ['ACE_medical_pain',0] > 0) or (_target getVariable ['ACE_isUnconscious',false] isEqualTo true))}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
            _progressbartest = ["progress_bar_test", "<t color='#00ff00'>ProgressBar Test</t>","", {[_target,_player] execVM "wolfpak\scripts\wolfpak_progresbartest.sqf"},{true}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
            [[_unit, 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _fullHeal],ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject] remoteExec ["call", -2, true];
            [_unit, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions"], _fullHeal] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;
            systemChat "Initialized WolfPAK v1.5 (PBO)";
            // End of WolfPAK v1.5 - initialization code
        };
    };
}] remoteExec ["spawn", -2, true];

wolfpak_progressbartest.sqf

[
    [],
    {true},
    {true},
    "ProgressBar...",
    {true}
] call ace_common_fnc_progressBar;

So the progress bar isn't working or...? What exactly is the issue? I'm a bit confused. If so. Try the default example which is:

[5, [], {Hint "Finished!"}, {hint "Failure!"}, "My Title"] call ace_common_fnc_progressBar

According to GitHub at least.

Progress bar works outside of vehicles, but not when inside.

I've made a quick video showing the behavior, with the github example:

Try to pass vehicle?

vehicle player
            [[(vehicle _unit), 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _fullHeal],ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject] remoteExec ["call", -2, true];

Still the same behavior

Using:

[[(vehicle _unit), 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _progressbartest],ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject] remoteExec ["call", -2, true];
            [[(vehicle _unit), 1, ["ACE_SelfActions"], _progressbartest],ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject] remoteExec ["call", -2, true];

Hmm... Not sure, I don't use ACE. Maybe it is something in the progress bar function?

private _player = ACE_player;

@commy2

* 0: Total Time (in game "time" seconds) <NUMBER>
 * 1: Arguments, passed to condition, fail and finish <ARRAY>
 * 2: On Finish: Code called or STRING raised as event. <CODE, STRING>
 * 3: On Failure: Code called or STRING raised as event. <CODE, STRING>
 * 4: (Optional) Localized Title <STRING>
 * 5: Code to check each frame (Optional) <CODE>
 * 6: Exceptions for checking EFUNC(common,canInteractWith) (Optional)<ARRAY>

in parameter 6 try: ["isNotInside"], I know that for self interact you have to do this to make it available in vehicles, so maybe it's the same for the progressbar

• Like 2

I think ["isNotInside"] may very well be the key to the solution! Did some initial testing this morning (the best I can do through a VNC connection from work here), and at least self-interact seems to be working inside the driver seat of a vehicle. 

I was looking through the ace common & medical functions last night and saw that "isNotInside" being passed from I think the treatment function (as well as "isNotSwimming") but I couldn't find exactly what those keywords were doing.

Will do some more testing with that, as well as seeing if I should tag on "isNotSwimming" too, for the situations when trying to use a progressBar function while in the water.

I will report back with my findings. :)

Thanks for the suggestion, Mr H.!

Also to you, HazJ, for your suggestions!

Finally got around to doing some thorough testing of this.

The ACE_SelfAction progressBar is working fine, but I'm now having difficulty getting the action to show up for other players in a vehicle.

It is very similar to what the OP in this thread was trying to achieve: 

I've tried so many combinations now, and derived at the conclusion that str _unit isn't creating the action under a "vehicularized" playername's action menu, but creating actions that target the vehicle directly seem to be working, i.e. ["ACE_MainActions"] or ["ACE_MainActions","ACE_Passengers"] - for instance the "Check Fuel" example provided by the examples page: https://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/interactionMenu-framework.html#25-examples

Just an FYI, I have the {true} condition for _fullHealVehicle just to make testing easier and quicker -- for now I'm just trying get the action appearing and targeting the unit correctly...

20180715103708_1.jpg

if (isServer) exitWith {};

[[], {
    waitUntil {
        !(isNull player) &&
        {(player == player)} &&
        {!isNil "BIS_fnc_init"}
    };

_unit = player;

if (hasInterface) then {
        if (isNil {_unit getVariable ["WolfPAKActive", nil]}) then {
            _unit setVariable ["WolfPAKActive", true];
            // WolfPAK v1.5 - initialization code
            _fullHeal = ["full_heal", "<t color='#00ff00'>WolfPAK (Full Heal)</t>","", {[_target,_player] execVM "wolfpak\scripts\wolfpak_aceaction.sqf"},{(('ACE_personalAidKit' in (items _player + assignedItems _player)) or ('ACE_personalAidKit' in (items _target + assignedItems _target))) and ( (!(_target getVariable ['ACE_medical_bodyPartStatus',[0,0,0,0,0,0]] isEqualTo [0,0,0,0,0,0])) or (_target getVariable ['ACE_medical_pain',0] > 0) or (_target getVariable ['ACE_isUnconscious',false] isEqualTo true))}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
            _fullHealVehicle = ["full_heal_vic", "<t color='#00ff00'>WolfPAK (Full Heal) Vic</t>","", {[_target,_player] execVM "wolfpak\scripts\wolfpak_aceaction.sqf"},{true}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
            [[_unit, 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _fullHeal],ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject] remoteExec ["call", -2, true];
            //[["LandVehicle", 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _fullHealVehicle, true],ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass] remoteExec ["call", -2, true];
            //[["LandVehicle", 0, ["ACE_MainActions","ACE_Passengers"], _fullHealVehicle, true],ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass] remoteExec ["call", -2, true];
            //[["LandVehicle", 0, ["ACE_MainActions","ACE_Passengers",(str _unit)], _fullHealVehicle, true],ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass] remoteExec ["call", -2, true];
            //[["LandVehicle", 0, ["ACE_MainActions","ACE_Passengers",_unit], _fullHealVehicle, true],ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass] remoteExec ["call", -2, true];
            [[vehicle _unit, 0, ["ACE_MainActions","ACE_Passengers"], _fullHealVehicle],ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject] remoteExec ["call", -2, true];
            [[vehicle _unit, 0, ["ACE_Passengers"], _fullHealVehicle],ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject] remoteExec ["call", -2, true];
            [[vehicle _unit, 0, ["ACE_MainActions", str _unit], _fullHealVehicle],ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject] remoteExec ["call", -2, true];
            [[vehicle _unit, 0, [str _unit], _fullHealVehicle],ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject] remoteExec ["call", -2, true];
            //[["LandVehicle", 0, ["ACE_MainActions", "ACE_Passengers", name _unit], _fullHealVehicle, true],ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass] remoteExec ["call", -2, true];
            //[["LandVehicle", 0, ["ACE_Passengers", str _unit], _fullHealVehicle, true],ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass] remoteExec ["call", -2, true];
            //[["LandVehicle", 0, ["ACE_Passengers", name _unit], _fullHealVehicle, true],ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass] remoteExec ["call", -2, true];

// Adds action to check fuel levels for all land vehicles
            _action = ["CheckFuel", "Check Fuel", "", {hint format ["Fuel: %1", fuel _target]}, {true}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
            ["LandVehicle", 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _action, true] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass;

[_unit, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions"], _fullHeal] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

systemChat "Initialized WolfPAK v1.5 (PBO)";
            // End of WolfPAK v1.5 - initialization code
        };
    };
}] remoteExec ["spawn", -2, true];

Just found fnc_addPassengerActions.sqf and fnc_addPassengersActions.sqf inside ace_interaction.pbo - going to see if I can leverage those functions...