Hey guys! I'm wondering how I can have a player do some sort of animation after using an addAction command? My add action is a "Prep Device" and its linked in the init of a laptop, so my idea was to have the player only be able to click it once and have him do a 5 second animation of being at the computer and typing... Any and all help is much appreciated, thanks!

38 minutes ago, socs said:

Hey guys! I'm wondering how I can have a player do some sort of animation after using an addAction command? My add action is a "Prep Device" and its linked in the init of a laptop, so my idea was to have the player only be able to click it once and have him do a 5 second animation of being at the computer and typing... Any and all help is much appreciated, thanks!

start up a game from the editor in singleplayer and click the animation viewer, go through them until you find one that you want and paste it where i put ANIMATIONHERE and the rest of your script that you have goes where it says RestOfYourScriptHere

laptop addAction ["Prep Device",{ (_this select 1) playMove "ANIMATIONHERE"; RestOfYourScriptHere}];

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, gokitty1199 said:

start up a game from the editor in singleplayer and click the animation viewer, go through them until you find one that you want and paste it where i put ANIMATIONHERE and the rest of your script that you have goes where it says RestOfYourScriptHere

laptop addAction ["Prep Device",{ (_this select 1) playMove "ANIMATIONHERE"; RestOfYourScriptHere}];

Sweet thanks! One more thing... You know the fast roping system ACE has?

1 minute ago, socs said:

Sweet thanks! One more thing... You know the fast roping system ACE has?

not at all familiar with ace lol. ask anyways

3 minutes ago, gokitty1199 said:

not at all familiar with ace lol. ask anyways

Well for whatever reason, when I try to fast rope from a helicopter, my unit fast ropes then just spins around aimlessly and then falls about half way down... I checked and the helicopter isn't moving whatsoever, the guy just falls half way down the rope... When i first did it he went through the floor, then after that it just stopped working and he just falls... Didn't know if you knew if it was a bug or not but its just quite annoying when I'm trying to have this in a mission lol... 

3 minutes ago, socs said:

Well for whatever reason, when I try to fast rope from a helicopter, my unit fast ropes then just spins around aimlessly and then falls about half way down... I checked and the helicopter isn't moving whatsoever, the guy just falls half way down the rope... When i first did it he went through the floor, then after that it just stopped working and he just falls... Didn't know if you knew if it was a bug or not but its just quite annoying when I'm trying to have this in a mission lol... 

thats weird lol, have you tried it in a new mission to test just that feature and see if it still does it? if so it may be a bug or something wrong with your ACE