Sign in to follow this  
NutzMcKracken

Parking Planes in hangars

I've tried searching around for this and wonder if anyone can direct me to some good methods of parking planes for a player in MP.

To start here's the intention:

Player enters a hangar or comes close to the hangar and the plane with or without player is teleported into the hangar, facing outward either ready to be serviced or with player inside plane.

The idea is to use GOM's Aircraft Loadout in conjunction but also give players a little sense of immersion and use the hangars as a little protection from a persistent world of nasty Ai.

The ULTIMATE idea would be to use the Garage functionality and see the plane in hangar (and use GOM's perhaps?) but I'm keeping it simple for the time being.

I've used ideas like Triggers for when a player enters zone and runs a setPos and setDir based on a marker, but isn't exactly working well as intended. 

I've seen some talk about how you can use the Garage function and set position away looking at plane etc but I've yet to get a trigger to activate this effectively.

Any insight will be welcome and appreciated. While I've been in and out of scripting in ArmA it's been tough to wrap my head around this one with some newer functions opposed to A1 and A2.

I'd love to share this when it's working! 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

Wanted to make an automated version of this during the early days of arma 3.

Then I figured out that hangars are facing random directions, you'd have to manually set up every hangar.

The red spheres indicate the front (model direction) of the hangar.

GuUAuev.jpg

vF0186m.jpg

6NAwfcI.jpg

No idea if this is intended, hopefully someone at BI was having a laugh doing this.

Your best bet would be to make a predefined array of parking positions and another array holding a waiting position for every parking position, then simply check if a plane is near the waiting position and use setdir/setpos.

Nothing too complicated.

Cheers

• Like 1

You can try to do a hacky workaround:

Once the plane is landed and off the runway, spawn an invisible agent on the position of the plane and attach the plane to the agent. Then order the agent to walk the desired path and into the hangar. Probably easier said than done, since AI pathing on airfields are pretty bad, but I'm sure it's doable.

Appreciate the feedback. A little late in replying.

Your best bet would be to make a predefined array of parking positions and another array holding a waiting position for every parking position, then simply check if a plane is near the waiting position and use setdir/setpos.

Nothing too complicated.

I was figuring I'd have to do something like this!

Thanks, I'll look into a trigger where player drives into a location in front of the hangar and supply an add action that will "park" them in the position.

Fiddling with a few things at the moment, but on track with this shortly.

BTW thanks for the Aircraft Loadout, it's become very useful, especially with MELB update! 

On a different note...love your little radio ;)

Players on our Exile server flip out about it...lol.

Trying to find how you sourced those and where there's configs. Would like to see if there's Coltan Blues I can add as well without defining and adding the ogg.