Sign in to follow this  
fn_Quiksilver

Issue debugging "picture.jpg not found"

Hi guys,

Trying to narrow down the cause of an annoying bug

When joining a MP session, sometimes the client will get a popup message that needs to be clicked away in order to continue joining the server.

I have a picture below of an example of the popup message. ignore htat its the 3D editor, I just use that to reproduce the message.

741BADEB9F2B9B9E6FC0B3B8B3CAC7BCFD777DD8

It would help a lot of people, if this issue was more well understood.

what is causing the popup?

how to avoid it?

thanks

whats the desc.ext definition of the GUI element referencing that image?

3 minutes ago, .kju said:

whats the desc.ext definition of the GUI element referencing that image?

loadScreen = "media\images\loadScreens\loading_4.paa";

I also have a line to randomize the loading images but during this testing ive simplified it somewhat.

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/description.ext#L19

desc.ext is already parsed when you select the server in the browser I think, when the mission is running.

at this stage the engine is incapable to access other files though.

now the error only get shown once you get into the mission and it does process on screen errors or sth.

it could also be related or combination if you already have the mission before joining the server.

It started around 2 years ago with an Arma update and never got fixed, easy to replicate, have the loading screen image in the mission file and called via description, load in, then back out and then rejoin
Only way i've found to stop it is to add the image file (and change description path) to a client mod