franze

King cobra

Here are some early images of a King Cobra gear from Heavy Gear:

kcmsh4frnta.jpg

kcmsh4sda.jpg

kcmsh4rra.jpg

kcmsh4trda.jpg

kcmsh4hda.jpg

It's currently unarmed, and I do not plan to put it in game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Franze @ Dec. 15 2002,09:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here are some early images of a King Cobra gear from Heavy Gear:

It's currently unarmed, and I do not plan to put it in game.<span id='postcolor'>

y not

Because of engine limitations, I can't make it behave the way I want it to.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Franze @ Dec. 14 2002,23:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Because of engine limitations, I can't make it behave the way I want it to.<span id='postcolor'>

so whats the point of making ? confused.gif

Because I like to make models...?

Hence the "do not plan". If it turns out we can get fluid human-like motion into a model, I will release it.

@ Solidsnake:

Because its there.

BUT (@ Franze), Textures need a lot of work if you want the universal admiration (or at least a percetage) of the OFPcommunity. Make it eyecandy, or make it BLOW THINGS UP!

Just my ha'peth.

When are you going to start an OFP related project?

"When are you going to start an OFP related project?"

When all the aircraft add-ons have harassed my russian tanks enough.

Hey speaking as a member of the community you're on the verge of a cool addon and you want to halt it since some guppie smartmouth says you can't get the animations? If I were you I'd just finish it, release that badboy and maybe make an update when you CAN get the animations done by somebody. It's not your fault you can't get maya. I'll still download it, with one stipulation. You gotta change that texture to something better. Get a texturer to help you out on that. But if it moves with the w,s,a, and d keys and aims with the mouse and you can hop in and out, i'd play with it and use it in maps. What do you think my sci fi fans. Throw in the speeder bike and get an exo suit war going on?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Dec. 15 2002,00:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Franze @ Dec. 14 2002,23:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Because of engine limitations, I can't make it behave the way I want it to.<span id='postcolor'>

so whats the point of making ?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

A better question: what's the point in posting about it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Dec. 15 2002,02:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A better question: what's the point in posting about it?<span id='postcolor'>

To brag! tounge.gif

Ok, since I can get it to at least partially work the way I want it to, I've decided to go ahead and release this to the public, after I finish fixing the bugs.

The weapons are shown in this screenshot, but its from the editor and is not in the right pose:

kcmsh6frnta.jpg

Currently, to pilot it correctly, you have to turn on freelook, to control the turret with the mouse that is.

lol... when i read the title i thought this thread was about AH-1Z king cobra...

but anyway.. the model looks cool... but i think you guys making those mechs should wait until someone released a animation tool for ofp...

Hey since that's russian camo why don't you release that one as the russian one and make a usa camo one and make it belong to the west side forces. Complete it with like a russian star on the side and make a white star on the side of the usa one! Then maybe make a resistance one too. Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah! Don't most mechs put like a number 04 on the chest or something to make it look like it rolled off of some assembly line? Then I could see myself making a mission for it. What would a russian camo exo suit doing on the west side anyways? Oh and could you make a police version (civ side) just because my patlabor dreams will never be a reality because I can't model a labor? Y'know, kinda navy blue with police on the back or front? Please?

Actually, it's not russian or western... Its a "southern" design, with "southern" woodlands camoflague.

It's similar to this design, but not quite the same:

SpittingCobra.gif

You really need to check out this page for more information on Heavy Gear, because I'm making the add-ons in respect to the boardgame.

http://www.dp9.com/Worlds/HG.htm

Don't worry about numbers, ID codes, etc., I'll be putting those on all the current Heavy gear vehicles I've got.

For an opponent to this gear, since I need something equal to it, will probably be a gear based upon this chassis:

Grizzly.gif

Although after I'm done with revising the striders, I'll be making these gears:

Hunter.gif

Jager.gif

Could you make the mono-eye the light that lights up at night? Also try to stay as true to the camouflage colorscheme that is provided as you can. From what i see in the drawings there is no camo like the one in the picture above. But those camos from the drawings look really subtle and plain. I like those.

The camo I used for the King Cobra is in the sourcebooks. Do you mean I need to make them look more dull, or something?

The closest I could come to a glowing omnicamera would be to put a red blinker light in there.

I was thinking more of a headlight for night operations. I mean, the default pilots should come with night vision but they'd need a headlight up in there. Also will you be redoing the position of the stance during rollling as they do in the game? It's kind of like a wheel comes out the heel of the foot. I know you said you're going to make them holding a gun and aiming it up, thats going to be cool. I can't wait. Just make sure you make opposing sides so that they can fight each other. Also could you make them faster than an m113?

They don't go much faster than a M113, the heavier ones at least. Tops for a light scout is about 96kph on wheels. The King Cobra goes 66kph maximum.

Yes I do have a stance repositioned into the locked SMS mode.

On your last addon there was a permanent muzzle flash that looked really bad. I hope you learned from that one to not include the permanent muzzle flash. I believe I reported that one in user feedback on the forum. By the way I tried using the free look key to turn the turret half as driver in the mammoth from strider pack .01 and the gun didn't follow the reticule. Are you going to get it to work?

The striders dont have the single pilot capability; so far the freelook key only works with the Cobra. Something to do with the code I guess.

In regards to the muzzle flash, I turned hw t&l off so the muzzle flash from a lot of add-ons would work right, so the flash worked normally for me. I'll get rid of the flash though.

Will the west and east side have different style mecha or are you going for the same mecha each side just different camo?

West and East will have different style mecha, with different style camo schemes. East mecha will have a more "blocky" appearance, while the West mecha will have a more "rounded" appearance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 16 2002,11:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Will the west and east side have different style mecha or are you going for the same mecha each side just different camo?<span id='postcolor'>

Goto DP9 and you'll see the two armies.

DragoFire