Sindicate14

CAS not droping laser guided bombs

I am developing a mission in Eden Editor where the player has the role of a JTAC with proper support modules connected to a F-15 with laser guided munitions. The pilot of the aircraft is AI and the JTAC is player controlled. My issue is that I have the laser designator and the batteries equipped in my JTAC and i laze the target, and call in a laser guided airstrike. The aircraft receives my orders and confirms that they are inbound. Once they get to target they do not drop any bombs at all, they just seem to circle the area and do mock bombing runs without ever releasing. 

What am i doing wrong? I can get the AI to drop an unguided bomb using a paveway, but never a laser guided bomb. 

Thank you for your help!

Just asking..what are the targets that you try to bomb? Infantry? Buildings? Armor?

Armor shouldn't be a problem....CAS should engage without any hesitation / problem.

Buildings and Infantry, on the other hand, could be a problem for AI pilots to engage without a little help from a script or some workaround.

Hey Zagor,

Thank you for the reply. I was testing this out on buildings so far with the above result. The weird thing is that I can get an AI pilot to drop a paveway using the support requester 'unguided bombing' and it drops perfectly fine. I was just thinking that the lase guided would do the same. I will get home and try this out on some other targets to see if this is still going on.

Also, isent the paveway a laser guided bomb? why does it drop so easily with the unguided method? What are other unguided bombs available in arma? That seems to be the only one that works using the above method.

Thanks so much

Since there's no F-15 in Arma 3, did you try it with a vanilla jet that is carrying laser guided bombs? Check if you're running into any issues in vanilla A3 first and make sure the plane has loaded some laser guided bombs using the pylon editor.

Cheers

Hey grump, 

Thanks for the advice. Will do when I get home and update you.