Sign in to follow this  
Victim_913

bulldozer stops early

I just updated tools and tanks dlc. Either the update ruined something or a problem backing up or etc...

Problem:

I open my island in TB just like normal. Everything is identical to previous save. But when I connect to bulldozer, problem. First, I used to get an error warning immediately, I click ok and it loads bulldozer. Then I got 2 other errors that I just "tab, enter" and both go away and everything works.

NOW, I get no error and bulldozer finishes loading in 2 seconds  Nothing but white terrain. Buildings are gone but I can still click on them. As if they were there.

I notice that bulldozer is ready after the second init, which I think says loading surfaces, then stops. It used to take about 40 seconds, showing it loading layers and loading objects etc. but no longer. So something is causing it to finish before loading the rest.

Since my last good save, besides updating. I tried using project drive management in tools. I never did that before. I saw that TB added support to jets dlc. So not knowing this was option, I clicked on extract game data. hoping the jets dlc would extract to p;. but it showed an error. So INSTEAD I saw that they were no longer ebos so I used mikeros tools to extract like normal.

Another possible mistake. I moved my a3 folder in p; to a separate folder in case extract deleted something I needed.  I also moved my project folder and terrain builder folder just in case. When I decided to do my normal way, I tried moving the a3 folder back. The first time I did it it moved everything in 1 second. Putting it back it said 1 hour. so I stopped in mid transfer.  Undo was not an option. so I had partial folders in both places. So I used mikero tool to re extract all fresh. I figured since game has updated, it might be good anyway. It worked because TB everything was fine.

Everything in TB seems to be correct. Paths still same, everything in folders was still the same. I even rebuilt terrain, refreshed my raster layers from source, rebuilt, generate layers etc. Everything is the same. But bulldozer stops loading.

Please help. Thanks.

*sigh* This should be common knowledge by now...

Don't use the arma tools extractor, its been buggy since it first came out. Use arma3p to set up your drive. Download and install all of these https://armaservices.maverick-applications.com/Products/MikerosDosTools/FileBrowserFree

After arm3p has finished, you will need to set up bulldozer like this https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:tools:buldozer There is also a whole bunch of up to date guides on that site for terrain making, don't go trusting crappy youtube ones (JAF etc)

Also just in case you are, don't use addon builder for your map! Use pboproject, which you should install with arma3p. You shouldn't be getting any errors when starting buldozer, unless its a broke model???

Thanks, you are correct, it IS common knowledge, but as I said above, I did not use the arma tools afterall. I used arma3p like you suggested. And my terrain builder path is exactly the same as it says in that link you supplied.

My exe for bulldozer is the arma3.exe in C where the game is, not bulldozer exe in the P; I don't remember where I got that info but it all worked until now.

Besides me moving the files and putting them back, and then I used the arma3p to "freshen up" with all bi updated pbo's, nothing is different. The only difference between it working and it not working was the Tank Dlc and the tools update. I did see that there was an arma tools update that got rid of a TB error, according to the sitrep. Maybe that interfered?

I got it working. arma3p has an update. after updating it worked. thanks