Distorted textures over a distance

What is your view distance set to?

What setting of terrain quality is set?

44 minutes ago, ozzbik said:

What is your view distance set to?

What setting of terrain quality is set?

Visibility = view distance yes? if so its at 12000

and terrain is at ultra

Object distance is set to 12000 (or relatively high) as well?

Does this happen with all maps and missions (in the editor)

That's definitely not ultra terrain. I think the mission is overwriting your settings.

There might be a view distance/terrain quality menu available in the mission, but I couldn't tell you for sure.

yeah object is at 12000 as well. im on an exile server that has a view distance setting that maxes out at 6000. others on the mission dont seem to have the problem.

3 hours ago, Stephen Kyle Herrero said:

im on an exile server that has a view distance setting 

Are you talking about a view distance menu like TAW_VD/CHVD? If so, post a screenshot of your settings.

Seems that the mission or server is overwriting terrain detail, then. That looks like low or maybe standard terrain to me. Is grass being rendered at all?

U can try change some settings in your arma 3 profile in X:\Users\*your profile name*\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\*your profile* in file  *your profile name*.Arma3Profile .

You should open it with some text editor, find line with parameters terrainGrid and set value 3.25, after it on high distance you will see all objects, and textures of ground and now-fly rocks. But it works only with single, in multipleer this param locked by server settings.

That's the same as setting it to ultra in the graphics menu, no need to edit any files.

27 minutes ago, Harzach said:

That's the same as setting it to ultra in the graphics menu, no need to edit any files.

If you set Ultra settings this parametr will be only 6.25. Max quality of view will be only with parameter terrainGrid= 3.25. This setting should be locked by server on client for all players, cause your local settings are no have priority for server, every time it will be changed by server. And if server no have settings of terrain quality it will how u see on your screenshot.

Spoiler

ALlwQxg.jpgdVRPGxl.jpg

That's not ultra, that's very high. Of course, we see in your video that ultra isn't present as an option, contrary to my recollection. My mistake there.

Low = 50 (NoGrass)
Standard = 25
High = 12.5
Very High = 6.25
Ultra = 3.125

1 minute ago, Harzach said:

That's not ultra, that's very high. Of course, we see in your video that ultra isn't present as an option, contrary to my recollection. My mistake there.

NP, we just saw that problem on our server and tried fix it.