Sign in to follow this  
Vikingo

Russian btr70

Hi all!  Just read at ofp.gamezone.cz this :

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great Russian addonmaker SEA DEMON released next (very nice in details) version of his "light armoured" addon: Russian BTR70. Many, many nice details are by this version<span id='postcolor'>

I download it and I like a lot this version (I think is Beta3)

Didn't see any other topic for this recent version so I open this one. Hope SEA DEMON will read our thoughts...

I like the addition of the periscopes inside cockpit and also the way the armored windows open/close (GREAT)

Hope the "optics" option key will be enabled in future versions (so you can use it like in tanks, I think is just a line inside the config.cpp). The only thing I "don't like" of this version are the ammo boxes on the side of the BTR... The fuel in the back are a nice touch but please think about the ammo boxes for the next version. Just my humble opinion. The model is great and the new details added are very nice.

Also can be good if you can change positions inside the unit. I mean when you are driver you can't go to gunner or back position. If you are in back you can go to driver and gunner.

Please keep this nice work.  Thanks!

The addon can be downloaded from here (main page)

1btr70_celek_s.jpg  2btr70_detail_s.jpg

Very nice indedd...but there is 1 weird thing: 1 of the weapons you get an option of taking from the vehicle (alnog with Strella, grenades etc. ) is "kick" confused.gif

Yeah, what´s that kick thing?

In the driver cockpit the windows look weird, and the muzzle flash has been darkened so that it looks very strange...plus those ammo boxes, they´re ok I guess, but are they supposed to be in such an exposed position? And the crew are Spets Natz with bandanas...riight.

Overall, a bit worse than the last beta. confused.gif

A definate imrovement to last version! But I'd rather not have such extensive amount of hardware as default cargo. Of course you can clear them with 'clearmagazinecargo this' command but still.

14.5mm sights are good addition but a bit mushy, looks like a it is drawn by hand. I'd also suggest you'd have something else as the crew than spetznaz, default crew or regular infantrymen would be so much better!

Anyway good work everall smile.gif

Gollum, to be honest last beta was utter crap this is way much better....