Sign in to follow this  
Victim_913

Texture mask resolution

This is probably answered somewhere but, I'm in the middle of making my island and i'm focusing on the ground textures that are defined by the mask. Which setting do I change that will change the resolution of the ground textures without changing map size or anything else. My texture resolution is too small. You can easily see the checkerboard pattern.

Terrain sampler

grid size 1024 x 1024

cell    3

terrain size 3072

-----------

sat/surf mask source imag

size 3072 x 3072

resolution  1

sat/surf mask tiles

size  512 x 512

over 16

-----

text layer 24 x24

p.s. Is there any way to paint the terrain with the mask textures while you can see the terrain? I mean doing the mask thing is like guess work. You have no way to pinpoint exact spots. My map has severe rubble everywhere and painting the ground is going to be the key to making this work. Seeing where I am painting is key.

thanks

The resoulution of your masktyles is only defined by the paas you are using. Its just streching those images to fill your cellsize.  So you could just update/increase the resolution of your different surface images.

For directly painting your mask on the ground ingame you could try this pretty tool:

if you have a checkerboard pattern, make sure you export using 5 materials (if u have normal) or 6 materials. 4 is broke