socs

Random Supply Drops

Wondering if theres any way to create random supply drops without have to manually add planes and triggers while also being able to restrict the crates to only having so many items... I know it sounds practically too good to be true (and lazy) but i was just curious... I see alot of topics regarding just basic spawns but thats no use if youre in a survival mission and you have no way of knowing if or when a crate spawns and for that matter where on the entire map it would be... if someone could help that'd be great, thanks in advanced!

• Like 1

Certianly is. Why not define the random drops first? What types of planes are dropping the crates? How often? Only over land? Marking them on the map? Is there a clean up after x time?

11 minutes ago, thedubl said:

Certianly is. Why not define the random drops first? What types of planes are dropping the crates? How often? Only over land? Marking them on the map? Is there a clean up after x time?

Any type of plane/helicopter would suffice.. Just having the audio and ambient effect has a better feeling than just having them randomly spawn when you only have a pretty slim chance of stumbling upon them.. How often, about every 15-30 minutes... I am playing on esseker so theres not really any other option rather than it being on land although there is a little bit of water on the map so it doesnt matter to me at all.. No markings on the map, and no cleanup either... im running a combination of Zombies and Demons and Ravage, using zombies and demons for visuals, i.e zombies etc and having ravage being use for the loot, ambient ai, atmosphere, and survival settings like food and such... All this while also running ACE for the health aspect.. Reason behind me telling you these things is explaining loot wise what should be randomized in crates, including weapons, magazines etc etc... 

28 minutes ago, thedubl said:

Also which i forgot to mention, having like 2 opfor units to guard the crate of course... 

3 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

Hey mate, take a peek at THIS...it may be what you're looking for.

Cheers !

I see... Thanks for the link just one more thing... This spawns them randomly throughout the map without having me to request them right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, socs said:

This spawns

Hello there Socs!

Everything in this script is configurable and you can adapt this easy , for your needs.

You can spawn this in a marker or random , requested or not , in a certain time or random.

Generally if you want more info ask here:

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there Socs!

Everything in this script is configurable and you can adapt this easy , for your needs.

You can spawn this in a marker or random , requested or not , in a certain time or random.

Generally if you want more info ask here:

Thanks!

Ahhh yes im sorry i didn't mean to say "spawns" i meant like the plane and what not... As I am not so good at scripting ill have to do some research to figure out how to get it as a random drop within 25-30 minute intervals... I do thank you for the info and sharing this with us...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, socs said:

Ahhh yes im sorry i didn't mean to say "spawns" i meant like the plane and what not... As I am not so good at scripting ill have to do some research to figure out how to get it as a random drop within 25-30 minute intervals... I do thank you for the info and sharing this with us...

Dude..get the demo mission in the editor>copy-paste>PROFIT. No need to script at all, just open the files with Notepad++ and follow instructions. If any problem arise, ask to @GEORGE FLOROS GR...I'm sure he can hold your hand and walk you through. I already added ,with his  approval, some radio chat FX, and whatnot.Plus, no need to add planes or anything at all if you want...sit there and hear the roaring of the plane, look up and your crate or whatever is coming down brotha!

• Thanks 2

Why you are sorry?!!

i just quote the word spawn , not for a reason or something bad about it!

just to answer how spawn  works!

So just open the script and you will find everything on how to inside .

For anything that you might want for the script , please write in the script topic , for everyone who is having maybe the same probleme as yours , to get the solution also , from your question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zagor64bz said:

I already added ,with his  approval, some radio chat FX,

That was very Good stuff !

approching from a different view , adapting on the users needs!

• Thanks 1