Sign in to follow this  
The Sharpshooter

"hlaven" or "hlavne"

I´m doing a tank(yes and also a heli) but I have this confusion because of this word. In some models it appears as "hlaven" and in some it apears as "hlavne", and in the Czech-English Dictionary(made by a-lone-wolf) it appers only "hlavne". According to the dictionary the translation is "Barrel".

My question is:

Do "hlaven" and "hlavne" mean the same thing? If I define in the config cpp "hlaven" to be the definition for the barrel it will work, but will this affect the functionality of the addon in any way ?

I have searched and I found some answers, but it is not completely clear. If someone can clear it up I´ll be grateful.

Thanks for your attention.

"Hlaven" is the barrel name when modelling tanks. I've tested that with an own one, and it works. Also BIS Models use "Hlaven" on their tanks.

But since i'm not czech person myself, i couldn't tell ya the difference between "hlaven" and "hlavne", sorry...

Regards

GM

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GeneralMortars @ Dec. 11 2002,19:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(...)

But since i'm not czech person myself, i couldn't tell ya the difference between "hlaven" and "hlavne", sorry...<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not sure, but I think that "hlavne" is just an adjective from "hlaven" (Polish is similar a bit to Czech, that's why I thinking so wink.gif

hlavne = chiefly

hlavne = especially

hlavne = for the main

hlavne = for the most part

hlavne = in particular

hlavne = in the main

hlavne = mainly

hlavne = mostly

hlavne = primarily

and

hlaven (dela ap.) = muzzle

hlaven (strelne zbrane) = gun-barrel

hlaven (zbrane) = barrel

hlaven dela = muzzle of a gun

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Dec. 12 2002,15:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hlavne = chiefly

(...)<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, OK, I have no other questions ;-)))

In fact there are many jokes about Czech language here in Poland (I suppose there are also many about Polish in Czech Republic too ;-). These languages are similar, but some words which looks and sounds exactly same in both languages means something _totaly_ different (for example:

In Czech: "laska" means (AFAIK) love, when in

Polish: "laska" means staff (but also pretty girl in slang)

etc wink.gif