Sign in to follow this  
manny2403

Help with activating Debug Console dedicated Server

Hey there,

So I rented a server 2 days ago and have successfully uploaded Exile on Server through my server provider (Host Havoc). Yesterday I realized that the debug console was not working and started looking into how to change it. Short disclaimer: I'm new to all this. So I logged into the server via filezilla and went to MPmissions and went into Excile.Altis.pbo to change "enableDebugConsole = 0" to "enableDebugConsole = 1" so that I could access the console via game as admin. Every time I do this, I run into the problem that my server won't properly load game and I cannot log in. After trying to start up server again I get the following message: "ErrorMessage: Data file too short 'mpmissions\Exile.Altis.pbo'. Expected -777871866 B, got 358682 B". I went back and changed it back to "enableDebugConsole = 0" and now it still won't upload. If I change the map/mpmission to Exile.Tanoa.pbo which I have not touched, server loads up just fine. Does someone know what I am doing wrong? I might just be making a obvious mistake since I am new to this. If someone could help me, I would really appreciate it! thank you:D

somehow you have corrupted some of your altis mission.pbo internal files, hopefully you made a backup before you edited them. 

Make a copy of the backup, edit that copy and try again.

Make sure you do not change the filename when you are resaving it in the editor, if you wish to change the file name do so after it has been re pbo'd