Sign in to follow this  
Mercutio

HIDDEN OBJECTIVES

I'm wondering if anyone knows how have an objective not appear at the beginning of the mission on the briefing screen, and then appear when a condition is met. Like when the "Mission Plan Updated" message pops up. I know its relatively easy, just not sure how to do it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

well i wanna know that too so i guess we'll have to wait.... lol

I've seen docs on this stuff...

Download the breifing.zip thing from flashpoint1985.com, and look in the doc, it mentions something about type="hidden" or something in the first <a> tag of your objective.. it hides it from first sight.

If that doesn't work, there is also:

"OBJECTIVE_X" objstatus "HIDDEN" to hide an objective. You could put that in an init.sqs. Then, I think if you want to un-hide the objective, you do "OBJECTIVE_X" objstatus "ACTIVE"... not sure though, I haven't tried any of this yet. Just got it from looking at the online doc stuff.

Online doc's say "ACTIVE" is another choice. I haven't tested it, but it says so :\

I think if you create an Init.SQS and type

"Obj_1" Objstatus "hidden"

then it wont appear in the breifing, then run

"Obj_1" ObjStatus "Active"

to get the mission plan updated thingy, and you can then see the objective as normal.

Here's what it says in the init.sqs-file of the mission "Chinook", where there is a hidden waypoint:

setViewDistance 1400

"_x moveIncargo aP" foreach units group v1

schodil = false

spravne = false

kurs = false

vyhodil = false

vysed = false

paluba = false

"4" objStatus "hidden"

"1" objStatus "done"