TrippyDipp

Good Frames in MP, Terrible in SP

So, every time I play multiplayer in Arma 3 (King of The Hill) I get great frames, usually between 50-60. However, I enjoy playing around in the editor more. Whenever I make a single-player mission with about 40-50 bots, I only get about 40 fps and 17-20 when the battle kicks up.

My specs are:

AMD Ryzen 3 1200 quad core

Geforce GTX 1060

8 gigs of ram

And an A320M Pro-vd plus motherboard.

Can anyone help me improve my fps? (btw, I use the reccomended video settings. I've also tried to run the game on the lowest settings, but that doesn't seem to work)

Thats very strange. Normally its the other way around.

Check your settings again in launcher and in-game.  There must be a restriction in the KOTH server like viewdistance or something like that.

I presume you've checked with/without mods.

AI do chew up more CPU than PvP so my guess is to look into a more powerful CPU (I haven't checked specs of AMD Ryzen)

7 hours ago, EDcase said:

Thats very strange. Normally its the other way around.

Check your settings again in launcher and in-game.  There must be a restriction in the KOTH server like viewdistance or something like that.

I presume you've checked with/without mods.

AI do chew up more CPU than PvP so my guess is to look into a more powerful CPU (I haven't checked specs of AMD Ryzen)

Alright, I'll try and see if any settings are causing the lag

16 hours ago, TrippyDipp said:

So, every time I play multiplayer in Arma 3 (King of The Hill) I get great frames, usually between 50-60. However, I enjoy playing around in the editor more. Whenever I make a single-player mission with about 40-50 bots, I only get about 40 fps and 17-20 when the battle kicks up.

If you play a well designed mission on a dedicated server, it's normal to have a better framerate compared to SP : the server will usually handle most of the scripts & process.

In SP, your computer has to handle everything, and that (AIs especially) will impact your framerate. You have to be extra carefull : 50 AIs for a single computer is a lot, if you make them fight in a town (with more complex pathfinding), it's way too much.

Try using caching systems or the dynamic simulation.

• Like 2