Sign in to follow this  
giskard

Dedicated servers: info required

Hello.

I am looking for a document that fully explains dedicated server config.

The sample.cfg seems to be backing in some areas and I wondered if theres more I can put in to it and what the existing data really means.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

giskard

Try searching for ded. server docs that were published with 1.30. This link to should work, you may find other links too:

Coldwar

Just as a little sidenote for the Dev.team. The DS-Admin.rtf in the 1.30 patch is both inconsistent and lacking, so please continue to improve it. :)

-Rekrul

(Oh, and run spellchecker as well. ;)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Rekrul on 6:05 pm on Dec. 13, 2001

Just as a little sidenote for the Dev.team. The DS-Admin.rtf in the 1.30 patch is both inconsistent and lacking, so please continue to improve it. smile.gif

-Rekrul

(Oh, and run spellchecker as well. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Can you please be more specific? What inconsisencies are there and what information is lacking? If you will tell us, chance is we will improve it. If not, it will stay as it is.

I am sorry for spellings error, but I cannot promise it will be any better in near future. We have no native english person in our team.

I seem to be missing the dedicated server docs mentioned above. However the information provided is exactly what I was after.

You all have my thanks. smile.gif

I know how much of a pain it can be answering the same questions over and over again. I too recently ran a very successful mod and map making team for mw4 and even today I still answer the same questions. I actually wrote a large tutorial to take care of the bulk of those questions.

Unfortunately, this still eats in to my time now I have moved over to OFP editing so its really very nice just to be able to ask a question and get a polite and precise response from people such as your selves.

I honestly didnt know there was any Dedicated server docs other than the readme.

For the record this is why I wanted the information.

I have several missions that require special setups.

One of my very first missions was created several months ago before lusty's site closed, its race called combat rally (you should be able to find a very old message about it in this forum, also everon rally).

It requires the time limit to be turned off.

Other games need to be set for 30 minutes, whilst some games require and ai and others dont.

Id like to be able to control all these via the server config directly.

Thats what I am hoping to achieve here.

Giskard

To Dev. Team

What would be nice to have in the DS-doc is an overview of all commands and what they do. In one easy place. It took me a couple of days to hunt down the DS-tutorial on Operation-Flashpoint.net and thats was only for changing the maxPlayer setting! (Which we wasn't sure really existed...)

The parts that is covered in the 1.30 DS-doc. is the part we use DSTool for (setting up mapcycle etc). The really nice thing was if the more obscure commands was explained in the DS-doc (maxBandwidth etc)

My 2-cents

- Cactus -

- Well am I stupid or what? Seems like I misunderstood which document was meant... Everything is there in the DSAdminguide.... Ok, mental note. Look things up, THEN post smile.gif

- cactus again... -

(Edited by cactus at 5:07 pm on Dec. 14, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What would be nice to have in the DS-doc is an overview of all commands and what they do. In one easy place.

<span id='postcolor'>

1.30 DS docs on Coldwar contain description of all commands and config parameters. If you lack some information, please be more specific: what command / option information do you need? What other information?