Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

The Iraq Thread

Jinef-What did they do, kidnap sheep? tounge.gif

Anyway its true that most countries in the world can 'boast' some kind of terrorist or proto terrorist group however ineffective.

Balschoiw- thank you kindly.

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 09 2003,18:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That is interesting, though it is no secret that there are terrorist/'extremist' groups in Iran<span id='postcolor'>

hehe, saying that a Mid-East country has terrorists living within its borders is a little like saying there are soccer fans at the World Cup.<span id='postcolor'>

*cough*Timothy McVeigh*cough*

The US has it's fair share of 'terrorist groups', only they call them 'militias' down there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The US has it's fair share of 'terrorist groups', only they call them 'militias' down there.

<span id='postcolor'>

..and they are good at stealing/buying anthrax and sending it via regular mail. BTW have they been caught yet or are the US not so interested in them as they don´t carry the AQ tag ?

The welsh 'terrorists' were mainly around in the 70s, they completely abhored the english so the went round burning down houses and beating english people up. This isn't really serious as they didn't kill them but it still caused the goverment to make dual language signs and welsh compulsory in education. See here we have an example of terrorism working and no one cares, they just deny that terrorism is effective and swear to kill all 'fundamentalists'.

It seems I've offended some of your politically correct sensibilities. I guess I just want to say... too bad! smile.gif

If one of you can disprove that statement, then I will go ahead and eat my words and, if possible, my keyboard. To say "Well, uh, other countries have terrorists too!" is pointless and immaterial. What I said was:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">saying that a Mid-East country has terrorists living within its borders is a little like saying there are soccer fans at the World Cup.

<span id='postcolor'>

not

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">0nly @rabs R t3rr0r1sts!!!1 I'm a racist son of a bitch! USA is teh R0xx0RZ!!!1<span id='postcolor'>

So, let the complaints begin:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's just immature, as i've said before it is only since the 1980s or so that terrorism has become widespread in the ME. There are loads of terrorists everywhere, you even had Welsh terrorist groups!<span id='postcolor'>

Good for the Welsh. Does that make my statement any less true? By the way, I suppose the 1972 Olympics in Munich don't ring a bell.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 10 2003,01:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It seems I've offended some of your politically correct sensibilities. I guess I just want to say... too bad!  smile.gif

If one of you can disprove that statement, then I will go ahead and eat my words and, if possible, my keyboard. To say "Well, uh, other countries have terrorists too!" is pointless and immaterial. What I said was:<span id='postcolor'>

Not a matter of disproving it. There are terrorists in the middle east. But there are terrorists EVERYWHERE. It's not like the Middle East is the only place, or even that they host a disproportionate number of terrorists. Look at Africa. biggrin.gif And most of AQ seems to have gone to ground in Pakistan, and that's Asia wink.gif Ooooh... and an ally of the US biggrin.gif

(just pushing buttons Tex. Your point is taken even if it is sort of a limited view of the world wink.gif)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not a matter of disproving it. There are terrorists in the middle east.<span id='postcolor'>

Thank you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But there are terrorists EVERYWHERE. <span id='postcolor'>

Well, yeah. But did I ever say that the mid-east is the only source of terrorism? Nope. So why does it matter?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's not like the Middle East is the only place, or even that they host a disproportionate number of terrorists.<span id='postcolor'>

Timeline of major terrorist incidents (has some notable ommissions, but is by and large accurate- I've compensated Asian crazies by giving the Chechens some credit for their attacks in Russia, and a few other corrections)

Going through, the scorecard seems to be...

Crazed Commies(with assistance from PLFP-MidEast): 1

African Nuts: 4

Asian Nuts: 4

Muslim Middle Eastern Nuts: 18

Jewish Middle Eastern Nuts: 1 (more if you are Bn880 or Bernadotte)

I guess I'll let that speak for itself.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not this group around Pres. Bush! It`s a diplomatic masterpiece to come up with formulations like "the axis of evil" and "the old europe", veeeeery diplomatic indeed. What do you expect from a man who calls Greeks Grecians anyway. He should know stuff like that and his advisors should know it too![/b]<span id='postcolor'>

You should probably talk to his speech writers about the axis of evil bit. And if you think THAT isn't diplomatic, look at what France is saying. "the missed a good opportunity to keep their mouth shut" (or something to that effect).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The US diplomacy under Bush is:

1. I`m always right.

2. Others don`t know what they`re talking about.

3. I`m superior. I don`t have to follow rules.

4. I piss off a lot former friends and allies with my actions and statements.

5. We attack the Iraq no matter what all world comes up with against it.<span id='postcolor'>

1. Is that why we apologized for the spy plane incident in China? Even though we were right, we still apologized for it.

2. Where did you see this?

3. We're enforcing the rules.

4. They piss us off with their actions and statements.

5. Unless, of course, they disarm.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why is it that the US claims to know more than the inspectors? If the inspectors say that it will take months to inspect Iraq then we should wait for months!

We don't even get the chance to inspect the whole country...<span id='postcolor'>

They've had years.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have to hand it to Ferret, he made a lot of really good points and seems to have a better grasp of whats happening than FSPilot will ever have.<span id='postcolor'>

Nuh uuhhhhhh.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 10 2003,01:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not a matter of disproving it.  There are terrorists in the middle east.<span id='postcolor'>

Thank you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But there are terrorists EVERYWHERE. <span id='postcolor'>

Well, yeah. But did I ever say that the mid-east is the only source of terrorism? Nope. So why does it matter?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's not like the Middle East is the only place, or even that they host a disproportionate number of terrorists.<span id='postcolor'>

Timeline of major terrorist incidents (has some notable ommissions, but is by and large accurate- I've compensated Asian crazies by giving the Chechens some credit for their attacks in Russia, and a few other corrections)

I guess I'll let that speak for itself.<span id='postcolor'>

Not to mention the Arab Jewish terrorist incidents of the 30's during the Jewish Relocation program.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 10 2003,01:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Timeline of major terrorist incidents (has some notable ommissions, but is by and large accurate- I've compensated Asian crazies by giving the Chechens some credit for their attacks in Russia, and a few other corrections)

I guess I'll let that speak for itself.<span id='postcolor'>

Hum.  Lets see what is missing in there..

Oklahoma City, a LOT of bombs and killings in Ireland, the FLQ here in Canada, any mention of the Red Brigade in Italy...

That's a VERY incomplete list, Tex smile.gif

Major incidents, Warin. A bomb going off in a garbage can in Liverpool that scares a few stray dogs doesn't count smile.gif

So, we add the OKC bombing, a few Irish incidents, and I'll be generous, and give those wacky Quebequois one. And the Red Brigade never hit the big time- a few kidnappings and murders, but nothing worthy of note as far as major incidents are concerned.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 10 2003,01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why would he do that?<span id='postcolor'>

According to the article linked...

So that the US/UK wouldn't have a reason to go to war.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 10 2003,02:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I was sort of hoping that he was unbiased.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe he it maybe he isn't.

I don't make the news or accusations...I just link it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 10 2003,01:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Major incidents, Warin. A bomb going off in a garbage can in Liverpool that scares a few stray dogs doesn't count  smile.gif

So, we add the OKC bombing, a few Irish incidents, and I'll be generous, and give those wacky Quebequois one. And the Red Brigade never hit the big time- a few kidnappings and murders, but nothing worthy of note as far as major incidents are concerned.<span id='postcolor'>

That is one of the most ignorant statements I've evr read.

I have friends who were living in England during the height of terrorist activity involving Northern Ireland, and it was a bit more serious "A bomb going off in a garbage can in Liverpool that scares a few stray dogs". If I had the time and inclination to dispove such a stupid statement I would find you some figures of how many people died in England and Ireland from terrorist activity. It's a few more than in S11.

Just take the time to look into how many people died due to terrorism in Italy, Spain and Ireland in the last 30-40 years, makes the middle east look like a kindergarden playground. For major icidents just do a google search on 'Omagh'. That was just 1998, but as it wasn't in the middle east, it probably didn't fit the image and went by mostly unnoticed in the States.

Edit: major incidents in Northern Ireland

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That is one of the most ignorant statements I've evr read.

<span id='postcolor'>

It wouldn't surprise me. I'm not very coherent at the moment; I've been playing Forgotten Battles all day and studying Luftwaffe tactics- I caught myself humming 'Horst Wessel' a while ago tounge.gif Anyhow, I'm just going to shut up for a bit, my jokes obviously suck, as it seems that every single one ignites an argument smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 10 2003,04:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That is one of the most ignorant statements I've evr read.

<span id='postcolor'>

It wouldn't surprise me. I'm not very coherent at the moment; I've been playing Forgotten Battles all day and studying Luftwaffe tactics- I caught myself humming 'Horst Wessel' a while ago  tounge.gif  Anyhow, I'm just going to shut up for a bit, my jokes obviously suck, as it seems that every single one ignites an argument  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

OK, if it was meant as a joke (poor taste..tsk tsk), I guess I can forgive you tounge.gif

Bollox to the US not paying attention to NI!

A lot of deaths of British soldiers in NI and was due to being shot with Car-15s, AR-18 'Widowmakers' and various other US armanents, they were also being funded by US 'sympathising' groups! A bit like how poor little Israel needs money as well, it's not like they are just invading other countries or anything.

I'm not saying that there was only US weaponry in NI, there was also a various assortment of AKs but the majority of weapons were American or homegrown. There was also no funding coming from Russia, i'm just saying this because as soon as America is accused of doing something you have a pretty good chance that Russia would be accused as well.

I talked to a British journalist a couple of weeks ago. One of the areas he was covering was domestic terrorism, thus, IRA. According to him, funding to IRA had dropped sharply after September 11th.

The reason: Sympathizers in NY finally understood what terrorism really is about. A big chunk of the IRA budget comes from backers in the US, specifically NY where there is a large Irish community.

So, at least there was something good in that whole mess.

Russia vows to veto new resolution

Now the interesting thing will be if they and France will have any need to use it. They are both hoping for a majority of the SC voting against a war at this point.

USA and Britain on the other hand are also very interested in getting a majority of votes, even if the proposal get vetoed. USA doesn't really care but Britain does since Blair could then stick by his statement that he would only go without UN support if there was an "unresonable" blocking of the resolution.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">SADDAM'S SOLDIERS SURRENDER

Mar 9 2003

Mike Hamilton reports from Camp Coyote in Kuwait

TERRIFIED Iraqi soldiers have crossed the Kuwait border and tried to surrender to British forces - because they thought the war had already started.

The motley band of a dozen troops waved the white flag as British paratroopers tested their weapons during a routine exercise.

The stunned Paras from 16 Air Assault Brigade were forced to tell the Iraqis they were not firing at them, and ordered them back to their home country telling them it was too early to surrender.

The drama unfolded last Monday as the Para batallion tested mortars and artillery weapons to make sure they were working properly.

The Iraqis found a way across the fortified border, which is sealed off with barbed-wire fencing, watchtowers and huge trenches.

A British Army source in Kuwait contacted me to explain how the extraordinary surrender bid unfolded. The source said: "The British guys on the front-line could not believe what was happening. They were on pre-war exercises when all of a sudden these Iraqis turned up out of nowhere, with their hands in the air, saying they wanted to surrender.

"They had heard firing and thought it was the start of the war.

"The Paras are a tough, battle-hardened lot but were moved by the plight of the Iraqis. There was nothing they could do other than send them back.

"They were a motley bunch and you could barely describe them as soldiers - they were poorly equipped and didn't even have proper boots. Their physical condition was dreadful and they had obviously not had a square meal for ages. No one has ever known a group of so-called soldiers surrender before a shot has been fired in anger."

Last night the Ministry of Defence officially denied the incident had taken place, but the story was corroborated by an intelligence source.

Meanwhile Saddam Hussein has ordered thousands of troops back to Baghdad as he turns the city into a fortress.

It is believed that two rings of steel are being established around Baghdad. The outer one consists of regular Iraqi army soldiers and the inner one is made up of Republican Guard fighters - thought to be the only troops that will put up fierce resistance.<span id='postcolor'>So the paras were testing their weapons, while the Iraqi were testing their white flags. biggrin.gif

In other news, France has been selling white flags to Iraq.  Whoops, my bad, make that selling spare parts for jet fighters and helicopters. tounge.gif

-=Die Alive=-