Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

The Iraq Thread

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (|iCeMaN| @ April 09 2003,00:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mad.gif Hey BF1942 is good! thumbs-up.gif

(But OFP is better smile.gif )

-iCe-<span id='postcolor'>

Ban this man! biggrin.gif BF 1942 is *not* cool.

You guys arguing the percentage of minorities in the military are forgetting one little fact. The US has an all volunteer army.

So who gives a rats ass what percentage of blacks or whites or whatever are in the military.

One thing the US military does do, is give minorities an opportunity they might not otherwise get to make there way in this world.

Once again the Euro's will pick any and all points of view that in anyway will somehow put the US in a bad light.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Once again the Euro's will pick any and all points of view that in anyway will somehow put the US in a bad light. <span id='postcolor'>

For fucks sake. Now this may surprise you, but Europe is not one country!

When I make comments about the US, I don't include Canada and Mexico while I'm at it, I refer to the country in question.

I'm sick and tired of fuckwits like you, bleating on constantly how 'The Euro's are pulling us downand calling us names'. Thank god people like you are the minority in your country, or the world would come apart at the seams.

I thought all this weasily crap had stopped now, but you single handedly managed bring it all screaming back.

You know why there's differences/tensions between our two continents? Rat bastards like you who take every opportunity to drum up ignorance and loathing.

That is all......

The thing I like about Badgerboy is that he doesn't mince words. You don't sit there and ask "I wonder what he meant?"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ April 09 2003,03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm sick and tired of fuckwits like you, bleating on constantly how 'The Euro's are pulling us downand calling us names'.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">§1)No Flaming

Abusive comments, personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the board or through PM's. <span id='postcolor'>

That's 24h post restriction for you.

At least those Iraqi looters have good taste in television!

7324915.jpg

biggrin.gif

*edit* and equally amusing in a different way...I'm not saying that these guys are representative of everyone who suports this war, but we've all seen examples of tasteless anti-war protest here, so....

boeing46.jpg

Notice the lovely swastika

boeing54kueuvg.jpg

Actually I kinda like this one...I love pot and kettle scenarios.

boeing60gvqxp8.jpg

If anyone wants to know why there's so much anti-Americanism in the world, people like this are the reason.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ April 09 2003,02:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You guys arguing the percentage of minorities in the military are forgetting one little fact.  The US has an all volunteer army.

So who gives a rats ass what percentage of blacks or whites or whatever are in the military.

One thing the US military does do, is give minorities an opportunity they might not otherwise get to make there way in this world.

Once again the Euro's will pick any and all points of view that in anyway will somehow put the US in a bad light.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, perhaps there are large numbers of minorities in the armed forces because they aren't being given opportunities in other careers? Just a thought.

P.S. Just so you know, I'm not a Euro.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ April 09 2003,04:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">P.S. Just so you know, I'm not a Euro.<span id='postcolor'>

Ditto that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 09 2003,03:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">boeing46.jpg

boeing54kueuvg.jpg

boeing60gvqxp8.jpg

If anyone wants to know why there's so much anti-Americanism in the world, people like this are the reason.<span id='postcolor'>

This bunch look like they're fresh from the Jerry Springer show studios. tounge.gif

Cleatus?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 09 2003,03:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At least those Iraqi looters have good taste in television!

*edit* and equally amusing in a different way...I'm not saying that these guys are representative of everyone who suports this war, but we've all seen examples of tasteless anti-war protest here, so....

If anyone wants to know why there's so much anti-Americanism in the world, people like this are the reason.<span id='postcolor'>

Every country has its morons. To base judgement on the lowest common denominator is equally ignorant and misguided.

I guess based on this analysis of the reasoning behind "anti-americanism" I should judge all Germans by Nazi rallys I see? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ April 09 2003,04:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, perhaps there are large numbers of minorities in the armed forces because they aren't being given opportunities in other careers? Just a thought.

P.S. Just so you know, I'm not a Euro.<span id='postcolor'>

Generally most minorities and whites as well that enter the military come from inner-cities or areas with poor schools, or smaller economically suppressed areas.

Through the military they not only gain respect, and a career, but college money they normally wouldn't have had, and skills that make them highly sought after in the job market. Just haveing the fact that you are previous military puts a HUGE foot in the door of any job you apply for. (least in the US)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ April 09 2003,04:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 09 2003,03:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At least those Iraqi looters have good taste in television!

Every country has its morons. To base judgement on the lowest common denominator is equally ignorant and misguided.

I guess based on this analysis of the reasoning behind "anti-americanism" I should judge all Germans by Nazi rallys I see?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Read closer Akira, particulalry this part -

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...I'm not saying that these guys are representative of everyone who suports this war, <span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ April 09 2003,04:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Every country has its morons. To base judgement on the lowest common denominator is equally ignorant and misguided.

I guess based on this analysis of the reasoning behind "anti-americanism" I should judge all Germans by Nazi rallys I see?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm not saying that these guys are representative of everyone who suports this war, but we've all seen examples of tasteless anti-war protest here, so....

<span id='postcolor'>

I mainly posted it as a bit of comic relief, like the first pic, but also, like you said, to demonstrate there are assholes in every country. A lot of people here were enraged by some of the tasteless anti-war protests which have taken place, so I figured I'd post those to show it goes both ways. The "Get a brain Morans" pic still craks me up though. First thing that came to mind:

sf20030316.gif

*edit* hmm, I see now what you mean about my last sentence. What I meant by that is, in times like these, unfortunately such freaks become very vocal and are sometimes heard and even seen as rational, only because they are being "patriotic". I agree it is a gross oversimplification.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Read closer Akira, particulalry this part -<span id='postcolor'>

Indeed. Read closer...followed by:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If anyone wants to know why there's so much anti-Americanism in the world, people like this are the reason. <span id='postcolor'>

EDIT: Answered in above post

But indeed. I cracked up at the "morans" picture.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ April 09 2003,04:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If anyone wants to know why there's so much anti-Americanism in the world, people like this are the reason. <span id='postcolor'>

Is that why so many people dislike the US? Because of Bubba and Billy Joe?

My statement stands. Why are there judgements being made based on the lowest common denominator?<span id='postcolor'>

Noted, I agree with you there. It's as flawed a way of thinking as that of these morans. My mistake. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 09 2003,04:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ April 09 2003,04:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If anyone wants to know why there's so much anti-Americanism in the world, people like this are the reason. <span id='postcolor'>

Is that why so many people dislike the US? Because of Bubba and Billy Joe?

My statement stands. Why are there judgements being made based on the lowest common denominator?<span id='postcolor'>

Noted, I agree with you there. It's as flawed a way of thinking as that of these morans. My mistake. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No problem.

And I sent those pictures to my co-workers biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ April 09 2003,04:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Read closer Akira, particulalry this part -<span id='postcolor'>

Indeed. Read closer...followed by:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If anyone wants to know why there's so much anti-Americanism in the world, people like this are the reason. <span id='postcolor'>

EDIT: Answered in above post

But indeed. I cracked up at the "morans" picture.<span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunately, people do tend to judge other socities by their worst (and most vocal) examples.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ April 09 2003,04:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unfortunately, people do tend to judge other socities by their worst (and most vocal) examples.<span id='postcolor'>

That's what i was trying to say when I ended up sounding like a moran smile.gif. It's not a justified way of looking at the world of course. If it didn't work this way, I don't think this war would be taking place.

Well, people continue to beseech America not to judge Muslims by the radicals who persist in blowing us and themselves up; I can only hope that you extend the same favor to Americans.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 09 2003,04:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, people continue to beseech America not to judge Muslims by the radicals who persist in blowing us and themselves up; I can only hope that you extend the same favor to Americans.<span id='postcolor'>

You do realize there is a limit for the number of times that even a Canadian citizen will apologize? wink.gif.

Sorry for being a moran back there

Ok that's the last one biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 09 2003,04:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 09 2003,04:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, people continue to beseech America not to judge Muslims by the radicals who persist in blowing us and themselves up; I can only hope that you extend the same favor to Americans.<span id='postcolor'>

You do realize there is a limit for the number of times that even a Canadian citizen will apologize? wink.gif.

Sorry for being a moran back there

Ok that's the last one biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hehe, 'moran'. I'd say he was trying for irony, but he looks like the kind of guy who thinks irony is a household cleaning item.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 09 2003,04:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ April 09 2003,04:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unfortunately, people do tend to judge other socities by their worst (and most vocal) examples.<span id='postcolor'>

That's what i was trying to say when I ended up sounding like a moran smile.gif. It's not a justified way of looking at the world of course. If it didn't work this way, I don't think this war would be taking place.<span id='postcolor'>

No I knew what you meant.

I just usually get defensive about "anti-americanism." People tend to talk about it in abstract round-about way, never really grasping the significance of it.

Does it matter whether or not an American is for or against their government? Does it matter whether this person put themselves in self-exile in disgust with their country? I did. I was sick of the governmental craziness and blind hatred and aggression this country was taking into its being.*

That doesn't matter. Why? Because I am an "American." I can't tour a good portion of this world without wondering what kind of reception I will get. Can't go to Paris. New Delhi. Certainly not Bagdad. Parts of Asia. Africa wouldn't be wise. And there is nothing more I would like in this world then to see it completely.

"Anti-Americanism" isn't just some kind of buzz word. It has big time effects on 280 million people. And I'm betting at least a majority of that number have real concern for that. Bubba and Johnny Lee probably don't care. They have their big ass truck and their 10-gauge and they are happy.

But because of a maniacal, questionable leader, we are all lumped. Lumped into an equally blanketing, generalized hatred. That indeed has the potential to directly effect our lives. "Anti-Americanism" doesn't just encompass the "pro-war" or "pro-Bush" people. It encompasses everyone, and will effect everyone. American's aren't killed overseas or domestically because they are "pro-Bush" or "pro-war". They are killed because they are just American.

The elderly handicapped man wasn't killed on the Achille Lauro because he was "pro-Reagan" but because he was an American. Whats an easy way to get the attention of our government? Kill Americans...it doesn't matter if hate the government. You die for and because of a government you don't even support.:(

dunno...maybe I'm ranting...

*SIDE NOTE:(I went to Japan to get away from all the bullshit that was happening here. Unfortunately (not really) I made the mistake of falling in love before I left and I came back...and now I am getting married.)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ April 09 2003,04:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*SIDE NOTE:(I went to Japan to get away from all the bullshit that was happening here. Unfortunately (not really) I made the mistake of falling in love before I left and I came back...and now I am getting married.)<span id='postcolor'>

Congrats!

I know what you mean though, I can assure you, people of Russian ethnicity weren't too popular in Cuba around the time the USSR broke up, and I never looked particularly Hispanic. (incidentally, one of the first reasons we had for leaving)

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 09 2003,05wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ April 09 2003,04:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*SIDE NOTE:(I went to Japan to get away from all the bullshit that was happening here. Unfortunately (not really) I made the mistake of falling in love before I left and I came back...and now I am getting married.)<span id='postcolor'>

Congrats!

I know what you mean though, I can assure you, people of Russian ethnicity weren't too popular in Cuba around the time the USSR broke up, and I never looked particularly Hispanic. (incidentally, one of the first reasons we had for leaving)<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks biggrin.gif

So don't take my ire to seriously...I wasn't really offended...see those morons just made me start thinking is all. I hate it when that happens!  crazy.gif

Was your family in the military? Or civilians? Why were you in Cuba. I'd like to go there once too *wistful look*