notproplayer3

stupid mod dependencies

I was playing around with ace and went on my wip mission and ace wasn't working very well so I disabled it after. Of course the mod dependencies kicked in and I couldn't play without removing them from the mission.sqm, I did just that and because i'm stupid af, I didn't make a backup before editing it, I thought I did everything right (deleting the mod names at the top of the file) and now each time I try to open a file in the mission editor, I get kindly greeted by this message

JMIrkFz.jpg

And my mission doesn't appear after I close the window

The code I modified is this (the first line of mission.sqm) :

raP       »ú  version 5    EditorData /  addons / rhs_c_troops  rhs_c_a2port_car  rhs_c_weapons  rhs_sounds A3_Weapons_F  XLA_FixedArsenal  asr_ai3_cfgweapons  A3_Weapons_F_Items  A3_Modules_F_Intel  CUP_Creatures_Military_CDF  po_factions_fic  CUP_TrackedVehicles_T72  A3_Structures_F_Wrecks  rhs_c_air  CUP_Misc3_Config  CUP_Creatures_StaticWeapons  ns_a2  CUP_HouseRuins  CUP_WheeledVehicles_UAZ  rhs_c_sprut  CUP_TrackedVehicles_BMP  CUP_WheeledVehicles_BRDM2  CUP_CA_Config  A3_Ui_F  po_main  A3_Modules_F_Effects  A3_Modules_F_Curator_Ordnance  A3_Modules_F_Events  A3_Structures_F_Argo_Decals_Horizontal  A3_Data_F_ParticleEffects  A3_Structures_F_EPB_Civ_Graffiti  CUP_CAMisc  rhs_c_kamaz  rhs_c_a2port_air  A3_Rocks_F_Blunt  Blastcore_VEP  CUP_Editor_Plants_Config  A3_Props_F_Orange_Humanitarian_Garbage  Ryanzombies  ryanzombiesfunctions  A3_Modules_F_ObjectModifiers  rhs_c_t72  A3_Structures_F_Ind_Factory  AddonsMetaData L  randomSeed ãä  CustomAttributes   Mission  »ú  moveGridStep   €?

54 minutes ago, notproplayer3 said:

I was playing around with ace and went on my wip mission and ace wasn't working very well so I disabled it after. Of course the mod dependencies kicked in and I couldn't play without removing them from the mission.sqm, I did just that and because i'm stupid af, I didn't make a backup before editing it, I thought I did everything right (deleting the mod names at the top of the file) and now each time I try to open a file in the mission editor, I get kindly greeted by this message

And my mission doesn't appear after I close the window

The code I modified is this (the first line of mission.sqm) :

raP       »ú  version 5    EditorData /  addons / rhs_c_troops  rhs_c_a2port_car  rhs_c_weapons  rhs_sounds A3_Weapons_F  XLA_FixedArsenal  asr_ai3_cfgweapons  A3_Weapons_F_Items  A3_Modules_F_Intel  CUP_Creatures_Military_CDF  po_factions_fic  CUP_TrackedVehicles_T72  A3_Structures_F_Wrecks  rhs_c_air  CUP_Misc3_Config  CUP_Creatures_StaticWeapons  ns_a2  CUP_HouseRuins  CUP_WheeledVehicles_UAZ  rhs_c_sprut  CUP_TrackedVehicles_BMP  CUP_WheeledVehicles_BRDM2  CUP_CA_Config  A3_Ui_F  po_main  A3_Modules_F_Effects  A3_Modules_F_Curator_Ordnance  A3_Modules_F_Events  A3_Structures_F_Argo_Decals_Horizontal  A3_Data_F_ParticleEffects  A3_Structures_F_EPB_Civ_Graffiti  CUP_CAMisc  rhs_c_kamaz  rhs_c_a2port_air  A3_Rocks_F_Blunt  Blastcore_VEP  CUP_Editor_Plants_Config  A3_Props_F_Orange_Humanitarian_Garbage  Ryanzombies  ryanzombiesfunctions  A3_Modules_F_ObjectModifiers  rhs_c_t72  A3_Structures_F_Ind_Factory  AddonsMetaData L  randomSeed ãä  CustomAttributes   Mission  »ú  moveGridStep   €?

Was your mission.sqm in an unbinarized format? As by default the Eden Editor saves it in a binarized format which means editing the sqm will give out errors.

• Like 1

Is there any way to find if it's binarized in the mission.sqm, or binarize the file itself because I don't think I touched anything when I created the mission

2 minutes ago, notproplayer3 said:

Is there any way to find if it's binarized in the mission.sqm, or binarize the file itself because I don't think I touched anything when I created the mission

Can you share a copy of the mission.sqm?

No, use Mikero Tools DeRap the file delete the parts and you done.

DeRap free download: https://armaservices.maverick-applications.com/Products/MikerosDosTools/DownloadFree.aspx?download=DeRap.1.77.5.65.Installer.exe

1. install DeRap

2. go to the installdir to bin folder and start the derap.exe (not the dos version)

3. choose your mission.sqm file

4. save the plain text in the mission.sqm.txt file (he suggest this)

5. now go to your mission and rename your mission.sqm (to something other example mission.sqm_backup)

6. now rename the mission.sqm.txt file to mission.sqm

7. open now this file an delete all things you want

TIP: you need to delete the addons from the addons array AND all items in your mission

I can't save as txt and derap says "DeRap: Unknown ArrayType", I think that's because I already edited my mission.sqm file while it was binarized