sirbuba3

First Person Hat graphical bug

So I have made an addon hat for my unit to use, and after using it for a bit, some people found and issue with it. When in vehicles, in first person, the hat bugs out and you can see the head. Its almost as if the faces are inverted only when in a vehicle. Any ideas?

Normal:

a2ccfd33af5944b5d8d39efc9ffafe60.png

When in vehicle:

792f2a373971580ca398cdb6cecf79ea.png

Strange, no idea really but I feel it could be a transparency issue.

Try moving your mesh to top layer  (in Object builder select the hat, go Menu Faces, move Top Layer or Ctrl+shift+Home).

That shouldn't hurt and maybe worth a try.

On 12/21/2017 at 6:28 AM, DSabre said:

Try moving your mesh to top layer  (in Object builder select the hat, go Menu Faces, move Top Layer or Ctrl+shift+Home).

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried it out but still no change. Im wandering if it has something to do with how the texture is applied in o2.

Did you test it with other hats/helmets?  Because this could possibly also be an error in the uniform.

Check the face properties of your hat and also head proxy in uniform (hit E in objectbuilder) and make sure they have z bias "none".

On 12/23/2017 at 8:30 AM, x3kj said:

Did you test it with other hats/helmets?  Because this could possibly also be an error in the uniform.

Check the face properties of your hat and also head proxy in uniform (hit E in objectbuilder) and make sure they have z bias "none".

Thanks, I checked and those settings were good. I tried it with other uniforms and stuff and found the same issue. There also was no rvmat file attached to the model so I added in one of those from the default Arma 3 files. I also used Zeus to look at it and it showed up, but looked kinda weird. Here are pictures:

f8beaCY.jpg

BSzpNIb.jpg

This is in first person view, with the hat on the ai.

E8BseLv.jpg

Edited by sirbuba3
removed p3d file

On 12/23/2017 at 8:30 AM, x3kj said:

On 12/21/2017 at 6:28 AM, DSabre said:

So after troubleshooting and analyzing the example model, I found that the issue was because the model wasn't a closed mesh. After closing the model with a simple face and filling the transparent parts of the texture file with a brown background, it fixed the issue! Thanks for trying to help!