Sign in to follow this  
t_bone_c34

Is it the cd thats got issues or is it me?

aight guys,im hopin yall can help me on this.

everytime i try to install my flashpoint,fairly new,almost unscratched,nuffin special,it will start and get a little way through and say it cannot read 1985.pbo i said ok w/e and went into it on the cd,i found the file and tried to manually put it onto the computer,that didnt work,it told me it has been moved or deleted.so i refreshed the window an i'll be d@mned its still there.i cannot figure out whats wrong with it.i took it to another persons house and it ran fine,i was able to install it and everything,and my computer is newer than his.so does anyone have a clue? confused.gif

i tried that and it was goin well till it got to the 1985.pbo then it gave me the same error message,i still dont get it,it worked fine on the other computer mad.gif

The difference seems to be the CD ROM drive... can you install using another drive?

EDIT: At this point you should get yourself a replacement CD from the store or Codemasters, depending when you bought it. You don't want to find out two years down the read that your only CD-Rom once again will not install the CD.

And how come there are scratches on the CD. wow.gif

aight,it could b the cd,i have to disc dries and same prollem with both.its sorda scratched (kid brother got to it) and which files am i supposed to delete?wouldnt that screw it up?

I presume this is a re-install?

If it is, go into the old OFP directory and just delete the folder DTA.

Re-try and if you get the error message again then remove that file and re-try.

Or, you could try changing the install directory from default...

I wouldn't delete a single file or worse, an entire folder -- simply rename it. That way if the installation doesn't work, you are no worse off.

If you have a VIA-based system, there are a couple of things in AvonLady's Unofficial OFP FAQ you can try that usually solve the problem.

*hysterical laugh* this sux,lol,could anyone just send me the file or is it too large? the only problem i wold think of with that would be the whole FADE thing not accepting it and thinking my game is pirated confused.gifsad.gif

If you look at the file's properties on the CD, you'll see that it is about 68MB in size. I doubt anyone is going to e-mail you that thing...

Burn ein CD from your friends installation... you can copy the file over then. smile.gif (well hopefully, every time I suggest something there is a new "twist") wink.gif