webbie.

I'm a Armaholic, where to from here?

Hi all, so I've been involved in the arma community coming up to 2 years and 2000 hours of which half would be in development and who knows how much scripting. I have run a variety of servers including my current exile server , been apart of clans and units, created and uploaded missions,   And would consider myself a moderate to advanced user and developer. 

My question is now what?  I love arma both playing and developing. I've struggled to find an arma community that doesn't have a high and mighty mentality so I just plod along doing my own thing. Any thoughts appreciated. Im an aussie and would really like to join in an aussie community and enjoy milsim games but the whole high mighty thing is a bit shite. I do play with the yanks a fair bit but after quiks server shut down it became less of a thing. 

I know exactly what you mean. I've tried a couple and was always put off by how structured they were. To call a pretend corporal a corporal was never for me (:icon_biggrin:). But these guys seem like they might be ok:

https://foxhound.international/

I haven't played with them. Things got a bit busy when i was joining so it kinda took a back seat, but i liked the way sounded. Plus, they're Australian.

• Thanks 1

Some completely different ideas:

Be a beta-tester and teacher for mission or addon designers. Helping and teaching others is both time consuming and a satisfying activity. And it helps to rear the next Armaholic generations.

But what I would really like to see for some time now is a new and qualitative mission reviewing website, such as OFPEC.com was (or probably still is, but there's not that much activity there nowadays). In times of chaotic and spamlike Steam Workshop mission floods there's no place I know that takes an in-depth look at missions and reviews them - there are only many pools of thousands of missions, but it's almost impossible to find good jewel missions there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1