Sign in to follow this  
Julie Lux

How to "edit" a mod which have signature key to play in solo with a "patch" .cpp external to the pbo ?

Hello. Everything is in the title. I'm not a modder.

1 year ago a friend sent me a kind of "patch" which changed lines of original config.cpp. this kind of patch was external to the pbo.

I want to do it again but I don't remember how should I name this kind of patch ? what should I write before to write the specific lines which i want to change ? And in which folder i'm suppose to place this patch ?

(Concrettely, I want to edit some weapons stats like Fire rate and accuracy in some mods to make it more realistic in my opinion. I play in solo with mission generator so there won't be any compatibilty probleme with a server.)

Thank you very much and sorry for my english.

Thank you but I knew this link. I try it since few days but it's still in maintenance :/ Not sure if it's an extra-long maintenance or a kind of "bug". I'm starting to be bored to wait.

But I don't rly need a tutorial. I understood fastly with a short example the first time. Is someone could take 2 minutes to write and post a short example ? Like a "patch" which change 1 lane in 1 class with the title of the .cpp and its location. ?

Thank you Very Much :don12:

31 minutes ago, Julie Lux said:

Thank you but I knew this link. I try it since few days but it's still in maintenance :/ Not sure if it's an extra-long maintenance or a kind of "bug". I'm starting to be bored to wait.

But I don't rly need a tutorial. I understood fastly with a short example the first time. Is someone could take 2 minutes to write and post a short example ? Like a "patch" which change 1 lane in 1 class with the title of the .cpp and its location. ?

Thank you Very Much :don12:

Few days? Maintenance is running since yesterday.

No it's not a bug. And you can just google the URL and view the page in google cache.