Unluckymonster

BIS_fnc_showSubtitle after Laws of war-DLC (Solved)

So,

before release Laws of War-DLC with BIS_fnc_dynamicText worked so that you were able to have dialogue where you were able seperately change color and font of who is speaking and the text. Most who have played APEX Protocol-campaign what I'm talking about but here's a picture where I have changed my WIP campaign cutscene name "Niko" in to purple as civilians marker color.

["<t color='#9900cc'font = 'TahomaB'>Niko","<t font = 'TahomaB'>There arrives Pietar Strugar, he wanted to see you immeaditly when you arrive to my home."] call BIS_fnc_showSubtitle;

https://ibb.co/gkMCia

However, in Laws of war-DLC this was changed that talker's name is above and the text is lower as picture below.

https://ibb.co/ePVoOa

Problem with this is that BI either accidentally or purposly removed ability to use earlier mentioned method and now all my cutscene dialogues are not working. I searched internet and this forum with keyword "text" 15 pages and with "subtitles" two topics without resulst.

And since all DLC content is .EBO and not .PBO form I'm not even able to check how the dynamicText works after LOW-DLC update. :icon_cry:

So next time you BI change something already existing atleast please tell how the new way works before replacing one so I don't need to get depressed and use that small time I dedicate to create missions to instead find resolution for something that worked earlier.

- Unluckymonster

EDIT:

Figured it out like I wanted! Simply adding blank "", and then doing the customisation works like earlier before LOW-DLC update.

["","<t color='#99ccff'>Alpha</t> Bravo, this is Alpha. What is your status?"] call BIS_fnc_showSubtitle;

• Like 1

good time to advise people that if they are using any BIS functions, to make a local copy of it to use instead, so your project isn't put at further risk by arma updates.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

good time to advise people that if they are using any BIS functions, to make a local copy of it to use instead, so your project isn't put at further risk by arma updates.

What do mean by "make a local copy of it"?

You should have made your own copy of the function to prevent this. It's not that hard to do either. As alternative you can still use the version from R3vo (?) who made some extended functionality script back then after Apex release.

Ah, now I realized it.

BI have simply just removed the coloring style used earlier so now on it's all just white text but with bigger font. Might try later if I'm able to change colors of names so it's easier to realize what faction talking person is pat of.

["Niko","There arrives Pietar Strugar, he wanted to see you immeaditly when you arrive to my home."] call BIS_fnc_showSubtitle;

Thx for all who replied.