Baraz

Simple first aid suggestion (Arma 3 vanilla)

1) Currently, doing First Aid takes about 4 seconds (my estimation).  This does not feel immersive and feels too easy. 

I suggest that about 8 seconds to apply First aid would create a better simulation within "in-game time", be more risky in combat, without being too long for real-life time of the player.  The same way repairing a vehicle in a few seconds breaks immersion. 

I am not asking for anything more complex à la ACE3. 

2) What is more heroic and iconic from war movies than carrying a wounded comrade on your back towards base !  Arma 3 vanilla should have the status Unconscious or Out (I am new to the game, but I only saw Wounded versus KIA) and the default action in that case would be the fireman's carry (on your shoulders).  The total weight of the person/gear would be added to the speed and stamina drains.  This is implemented in ACE3 but should be in the vanilla version. 

Thank you 

• Like 1

Additionally, the vanilla version does not give any indication of our own injuries (I mean: leg, arm, worst), if we are bleeding, etc.  Of course, you know when you can use a First aid kit, but I feel something is missing.  The Stance indicator (image) could show this, or maybe a small wound description around the Inventory window. 

Few considerations: 8s healing needs to match animation for healing. So you need new set of animation (Considering they are using mo cap I have no idea on time/manpower consideration)

Might not be as easy as it sound, mostly because mo caps are usually done in sessions. So instead of going back  for each animation which must waste hours of prepping they do it

for a big set of animations for like particular DLC. Might be wrong.

Animations are not interruptible. Already there is artificial limitation that makes game feel clunky. So if you are healing you are out of control. Real life counter part can end procedure whenever

possible. Now adding longer timer would expose this issue further.

I would love revamped medical system like a next forum poster out here but this is not the way to go mostly because of animation system. Loved ACE medical, its good source of inspiration

for vannila medical system.

• Like 3