Sign in to follow this  
oldmanfromtea

Losing audience?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (oldmanfromtea @ Nov. 28 2002,01:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think if the game server is playing a coop map, everyone waiting can like watch them or play a mini deathmatch game or drive around in cars somewheres else

the best netcode outhere for anygame would have to be tribes 2<span id='postcolor'>

i found ofps better, in tribes with 300ping it was impossible, but the thing is to watch them u need to join the game, so if were gona have a spec mode for coop u would need jip i reckon. I hope if there is a ofp2 it has jip so it can be big online, like df2 was had over 6000ppl at a time playin this crappy game with sum servers a constant 60ppl.

LowLevelFunctionary,

Yes, I do find it hard to find servers. Using Gamespy, there seem to be about two or three active servers with a decent amount of players and a bunch with just one or two people on them. I haven't tried that All Seeing Eye program yet.

I think that people who play OFP are or playing lots of coops with a fixed group (squad) or are competing on ladders.

Once you have played a serious game with a good team you dont want those public games anymore smile.gif

The EFL is still very active. But remember that the OFP community isnt that big. It never was wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JRMZ @ Nov. 28 2002,12:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think that people who play OFP are or playing lots of coops with a fixed group (squad) or are competing on ladders.

Once you have played a serious game with a good team you dont want those public games anymore smile.gif

The EFL is still very active. But remember that the OFP community isnt that big. It never was wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

problem i s numbers for most ppl on a pub server with it open to all most of the time it says empty or on 1-4 ppl, it has reached 30 once but thats rare, also our two squads have probly never played a competive game in the year they've been around, my rtcw team probly plays a few games a week friendly and 2 competive matchs in two dif ladders, thats what popularty brings is competition squads, and always sum one new to play wif the same old ppl get boring and repetive.

I don't know why so many people are talking about OPF2.

I mean, when something is so good, why fix it?

OFP is a gem. A rare one. Hard to replace. Generally when a game company comes out with a really good game, it's hard to beat. And then the sequel is just a slop of lazy over commercialized glittery mess. They see that the first one was hugely popular, and then they hugely market the next one dumbing it down for the public and making all pop cultury.

Look at Aliens V pred, the first was really good like in the movies. The second was a huge project that was quake style gaming. Or look. They are still coming out with Duke forever, HalfLife2.

My point is I don't think OFP2 will be nearly as good as OFP1.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Nov. 27 2002,23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LowLevelFunctionary,

Yes, I do find it hard to find servers. Using Gamespy, there seem to be about two or three active servers with a decent amount of players and a bunch with just one or two people on them. I haven't tried that All Seeing Eye program yet.<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif

You use the ingamebrowser?

I have never the problem to find a game with some peoples, also the Filter/Search/Servernamefunction ist useful.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My point is I don't think OFP2 will be nearly as good as OFP1. <span id='postcolor'>

I agree, but do you mean that it wont have the same effect because a similar thing is already out? Because in gameplay terms OFP2 would most probably be better than the original, well because BIS would use the same forumla from the original and improve it to such a greater extent that we will all be gobsmacked wow.gif

They can improve on gameplay but i wonder how they will improve the storyline(s)? confused.gifbiggrin.gif

My clan is always playing in the evening, like most the other players I know. Lots of servers to choose from, just try around 8+ pm middle european time  biggrin.gif

Sometimes even TDM or duels (of course for guys that play alone tounge.gif )