Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Mouse-wheel keeps taking me to desktop

Let me preface this by saying I've searched here and Avon Lady's FAQ for all things mouse-related, but haven't seen this yet.

Anyway, while I'm playing, my mouse wheel occasionally seems to alt-tab me to the desktop.  I've tried reproducing it at will, but can't seem to do it.  Sometimes it does it when I have other keys on the keyboard pressed, sometimes it does it when only the mousewheel is being used, but the one thing that they all have in common is that the mousewheel is being used at the time it happens.  This is frustrating while in the heat of battle to suddenly get tabbed out to the desktop just as another player is taking aim at you while you are making a mad dash for their flag.

This has been going on for me since at least 1.3, but i've lived with it for now.  Finally I'm sick of it.  Does anyone else have this issue?

System Specs:

P4-2.8 Gz

1.5 GB DDR 333 Mz RAM

GF-4 Ti4600 128MB RAM

Windows XP Pro

Logitech Mouseman Optical with Logitech 9.73 drivers

I've had an Athlon Xp 1800 + just before this machine and the same thing happened on it. I think I used to have a different logitech and the same thing happened but I can't be sure. Maybe others with the same mouse can tell me. This is the Mouseman Optical that came out before the started doing the Dual Optical mouse with that new design. This mouse looks like their older design if that helps.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ Nov. 24 2002,20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Let me preface this by saying I've searched here and Avon Lady's FAQ for all things mouse-related, but haven't seen this yet.<span id='postcolor'>

Neither have I. confused.gifsmile.gif

The Logitech drivers are terrible to begin with, but my guess is that their silly page scrolling feature is what is messing you up. I think you are putting enough pressure on the mouse wheel to trigger the mouse wheel click.

lol, mister frag is right, as soon as I saw the title, I thought 'logitech mouse with the scroll feature'. Disable this feature with your mouse utitlity, should be on the toolbar. I don't have that mouse, but I encountered the problem playing Americas Army on my bros computer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">System Specs:

P4-2.8 Gz

1.5 GB DDR 333 Mz RAM

GF-4 Ti4600 128MB RAM

Windows XP Pro<span id='postcolor'>

Karillion, I want your PC...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Nov. 24 2002,21:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Logitech drivers are terrible to begin with, but my guess is that their silly page scrolling feature is what is messing you up. I think you are putting enough pressure on the mouse wheel to trigger the mouse wheel click.<span id='postcolor'>

Right there Mr. Frag. I really recommend using the Microsoft drivers with any Logitech Mice. I also have a Logitech wheel mouse and as I never installed the Logitech drivers it works flawless for me.

The wheel click is nescessary to select an entry from the action menu (wheel selects, wheel-click activates) - so if the Logitech driver has some other action linked to this key, there will be a conflict.

OK, I'll uninstall the Logitech Drivers. The main thing I like about them is being able to program the buttons. I checked the normal MS drivers, but I don't see that option.

The software you are after (Microsoft) is called IntelliPoint and is available Here.

I would suggest Intellimouse Explorer as the type of mouse as that has lots of extra buttons so is probably most like yours

I have a similar problem. My scrool wheel will not work anymore since I installed version 1.90 of the game. I have the most curent drivers. Yes I do have a logitech mouse but I have uninstalled the drivers and still nothing. I even tried the old mouse and still nothing. I tried changing the configuration in the options menu but nothing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (|crow| @ Dec. 04 2002,17:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a similar problem.  My scrool wheel will not work anymore since I installed version 1.90 of the game.  I have the most curent drivers.  Yes I do have a logitech mouse but I have uninstalled the drivers and still nothing.  I even tried the old mouse and still nothing.  I tried changing the configuration in the options menu but nothing.<span id='postcolor'>

Check the Mouse applet in the Control Panel to see if there is a checkbox that says "Assume Mouse Wheel is present".

Eyoooooo!, Hay, Holme....

Guess you fixed this by now, but perhaps the cursed Logitech "Webwheel" applet launchs if you inadvertantly press too hard whilst rotatating the mouse wheel?

L8