Sign in to follow this  
Akira

You can't improve on nature

i wonder how much effect such warpable wings have on radar detection. ofcourse it will still be detected, but will machines be able to identify them?

and speaking of Edwards AFB, boy they are having fun there. biggrin.gif

"Here. We want you to fly this plane. Now the wings may move a little...I'm sure that will be fine."

"Sure thing boss!"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Nov. 22 2002,14:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Here. We want you to fly this plane. Now the wings may move a little...I'm sure that will be fine."

"Sure thing boss!"<span id='postcolor'>

That's the beauty of the military -- you aren't asked to do stuff, you are told to! biggrin.gif

There is a research program running in germany that simulates a tuna´s movement and fin. They want to build sub´s with the body style and "movement" of the tuna as it is much more efficient and noise reducing than any other conventional propelled sub.

So it´s back to the roots i guess  biggrin.gif

So watch your nets fishermen and denoir. It could be a possible german prototype sub biggrin.gif

they are also looking at cockroaches to figure out how they move to creat a robot that can move like it. saw it on some discovery channel special. they were also trying to make a robot fish.

A "tuna" like sub would have a completly flexible hull wouldn't it? I don't see how that could work, even If you could design a hull to do that, what about the machinery inside?

This reminds me of that game "Lighthouse" by Seirra, they had a fish sub, it was real cool. Anyone else play that?

Deep in their hearts, all Air Farce guys love our Navy planes biggrin.gif

Actually, ot a bit, but we have an Air Force exchange pilot out here (2000+hours in an F-15) that flys our Super Hornets. He'll do everything but land on a carrier tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A "tuna" like sub would have a completly flexible hull wouldn't it? I don't see how that could work, even If you could design a hull to do that, what about the machinery inside?<span id='postcolor'>

i dont know about the technical specifications of the Tuna sub model, but I´ve already seen it work in a testlab. I guess they wont tell details about it as it is still in developing process.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Nov. 23 2002,12:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

Sounds pretty interesting. I don't know how different the effects would be from regular flight surfaces, but I doubt it'd be useful in combat.

How would you fire a missile with a warped wing?