Sign in to follow this  
evrik

Static Turret / Offroad M2 gunner animation

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good guide / video / sample model and config showing how to add in the new leg animations for static weapon and offroad M2 gunners. I'd like to add the new animation - where the gunner crouches when the weapon is aimed up - to our 3CB vehicles (i.e. Jackals / Coyotes / Land Rovers etc....). I know I need to add something into the model .p3d and make an entry in the model.cfg, plus define the gunner leg anim in the config.cpp, but I don't know what exactly is required. 

Any help would be great,

Thanks.

This is not new. Just a nice trick that people started using now.

You create a translation animation the moves the proxy object of the gunner up and down when the gun is elevated. Then you create a gunner-animation that has IK enabled for his legs. Then you define in turret config the memorypoints for right and left leg and position them in the model (those points should only move with turret rotation).

3 hours ago, x3kj said:

Then you create a gunner-animation that has IK enabled for his legs. 

This is the key part for us Evrik, the rest is straight forward. Thanks x3kj.

We can presumably look at existing driver animations with legs IK where they are able to push the pedals up and down in a car for examples, unless x3kj can briefly explain how to add the IK.

It works just like setting up hand-IK for open topped gunner (hands at mg) or drivers (steering wheels on cars), except using *LegIKCurve instead of *HandIKCurve in cfgMovesMaleblabla and gunnerLeftLegAnimName = ""; + gunnerRightLegAnimName = ""; in turret config

• Like 1