Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Red hammer 1.85 compatibility patch and 1.90

Can the RH patch be installed if the upgrade path is 1.75 > 1.90, without installing 1.85?

I'd hope that the compatibility patch would be no longer needed. Telling people which patches they need to play online is complicated enough already. At least the GOTY edition should help a little with that.

I don't know if the patch check if U have 1.85 istalled. Becouse all that do is to create a map with some very small files. Som the Red Hammer addon can be run in 1.85. And...I don't think the OFP team does do the same "mistake" (maybe not a mistake but any way) like they did in the 1.85 patch. Hopfoly the have the 1.85 Red Hammer update installed in 1.90...I just don't know becuse I have'nt install the patch yet.

Yes, no need for the 1.85 patch. I patched from 1.85-1.90, then the 1985comp. and then the redhammer1.90comp. Got error in redhammer.pbo, wrong sice.... This is my patch.log

File D:\Program\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\CAMPAIGNS\redhammer.pbo: bad size: 16742967 (old=16754925, new=16742967)

Then the redhammer campaign whas gone. Unistaled the hole thing and cleand the register. Reinstaled all thre cd´s, skipped the 1.85 stepp and patched to 1.90 whith the comp. patches.

No probs what so ever

smile.gif

BIS is verifying if you previously installed the RH 1.85 compatibility patch whether you still need to install the RH 1.90 compatibility patch after upgrading to Resistance 1.90.

To answer my original question on this thread, yes, the new RH 1.90 compatibility patch should be installed if your install path is 1.75>1.90 and you skipped upgrading to OFP 1.85.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At least the GOTY edition should help a little with that.<span id='postcolor'>

The GOTY edition has its own 1.90 patch version and you still need to apply the RH 1.90 compatibility patch AFAIK.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hopfoly the have the 1.85 Red Hammer update installed in 1.90...I just don't know becuse I have'nt install the patch yet.<span id='postcolor'>

As said, there is a new 1.90 version of the RH compatibility patch.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, no need for the 1.85 patch. I patched from 1.85-1.90, then the 1985comp. and then the redhammer1.90comp. Got error in redhammer.pbo, wrong sice.... This is my patch.log

File D:\Program\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\CAMPAIGNS\redhammer.pbo: bad size: 16742967 (old=16754925, new=16742967)

Then the redhammer campaign whas gone. Unistaled the hole thing and cleand the register. Reinstaled all thre cd´s, skipped the 1.85 stepp and patched to 1.90 whith the comp. patches.

No probs what so ever<span id='postcolor'>

Wow! The RH campaign was gone? You mean the file or the listing in the CAMPAIGNS list when playing OFP?

After upgrading to 1.90 I restored a backup copy of REDHAMMER.PBO and I could then successfully run the RH 1.90 compatibility patch.

As I said at the start of this post, that may not have been necessary, if the 1.85 and 1.90 versions of the RH compatibility patch accomplish the same thing.

OPF team has reales a compatibility path for 1.85 and 1.90 for Red Hammer and Campaign 1985....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (krondike @ Nov. 25 2002,14:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OPF team has reales a compatibility path for 1.85 and 1.90 for Red Hammer and Campaign 1985....<span id='postcolor'>

Yes but the topic of this thread is only about the RH patch.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Nov. 25 2002,13:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (krondike @ Nov. 25 2002,14:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OPF team has reales a compatibility path for 1.85 and 1.90 for Red Hammer and Campaign 1985....<span id='postcolor'>

Yes but the topic of this thread is only about the RH patch.<span id='postcolor'>

That isn't what the topic was named to... tounge.gif

I installed the RH V. 1.90 "compatibility patch" and promptly lost Red Hammer. It doesn't even show up on the Campaign screen. I have many Add-Ons installed and don't feel like going through the hassle of re-installing 3 CD's and all the Add-Ons.

Pissed........

Cabby

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cabby @ Nov. 25 2002,15:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I installed the RH V. 1.90 "compatibility patch" and promptly lost Red Hammer.<span id='postcolor'>

What do you mean by "lost"? Is the RH PBO file gone from the \Campaigns\ subdirectory or is RH no longer listed in the Campaigns list?

RH pbo is there with a "upd" extension added to it. RH no longer appears in the "Campaign List". Error message is "possibly corrupt download" so i redownloaded the "fix" from several hosts and still get that message when i try to run the RH 190 "compatibility" patch.

Still pissed...

Cabby

No RH pbo backup. Installed RH from the RH CD, Resistance from the CD, patched as intructed. Since you can't extract individual files from the CD, i'm screwed as i think the RH 190 "compatibility" patch has corrupted my RH pbo.

Wouldn't bother me so much except i was suffering from the "Mission Six" bug for weeks, then gave up and quit playing OFP all together while i waited for a "fix". Then they "fixed" it and i restarted RH, got to Mission Three, then installed the 190 patch along with the "compatibility" patch and now i can't access the RH Campaign at all. Tried re-installing the 185 patch, the 185 "compatibility" patch, and the 190 patch to no avail.

Heck with it.........

C.

I have had the RH campaign disappear from the campaign list as well. That and the 1.90 compatability patch wouldn't install as it kept coming up saying corrupt download please dl again and then try again.

While you're mad as hell and not going to take it anymore mad.gif , why not post an email to Codemasters about this. They're the ones that produced the RH patches for Codemaster's RH campaign.

CM support Email address can be found on CM's contact page.

Sick 'em! mad.gifwow.gifmad.gif

I had this problem. Do it like below

1: Deleted the redhammer.upd.pbo file from 1.86 folder and campaign folder.

2: Then put Gold upgrade CD in and install.

3: when finished installing, download 1.90 red hammer compatability patch.

Installing Gold Upgrade again makes no difference to Version number

i did it like this and you get red hammer back smile.gif  Also you keep your same place in the campaign. VOILA!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bordoy @ Nov. 25 2002,22:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Installing Gold Upgrade again makes no difference to Version number<span id='postcolor'>

No, but it may mess up a future install/uninstall.

Search The FAQ for "safe install".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow! The RH campaign was gone? You mean the file or the listing in the CAMPAIGNS list when playing OFP?

<span id='postcolor'>

I mean both! I had a 1.86 folder whith a redhammer.pbo.upd file. But no redhammer.pbo in the campaings folder.

I wonder.... if you run the 1.85 patch but not the redhammer 1.85 comp patch, and then the whole 1.90 packet, whould that work? Also, uninstalling whas a mess after that faild patching. I had to manualy delete the folder whith a lot off files in it and then clean the register.

Well, in trying to install the Red Hammer 1.90 compatibility patch I got the following message:

Operation Flashpoint: Installing addon Red Hammer - 1.85/1.90 Compatibility.

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file CAMPAIGNS\redhammer.pbo, phase 1.

I don't seem to have lost anything from the Red Hammer campaign so I guess I'll leave it for now. Hopefully BIS will remedy this situation.

Dadster

Well, the complete unistall as suggested earlier does work. Backup your Users folder and any addons or new missions you might have added. Then reinstall all three CDs and then the 1.90 patches. Works like a charm.

Dadster

I had the same Problem!

I went from the Original game - Gold Upgrade - 1.46 - Resistance 1.75 - 1.85 - Red Hammer Compatibility Patch 1.85 - v1.90 and it wouldn't let me install the 1985Campaign (v190) fix or the Red Hammer (v190) update, with the same error messages as the rest of you have been getting!

I'm going to try a tedious full re-installation and skip the v1.85 update (and v1.46) to see if I can install all 3 of the v190 updates and not just the main patch.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Echelon @ Nov. 27 2002,06:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm going to try a tedious full re-installation and skip the v1.85 update (and v1.46) to see if I can install all 3 of the v190 updates and not just the main patch.<span id='postcolor'>

My guess is that 1.46 is not the culprit. Skipping 1.85 ought to do it.

Like some of the others posted before, I also lost my RH campaign in the selection screen. I also got the error message shown in one of the posts above. But I don`t want to reinstall everything. I wait and hope BIS will fix this problem, so I get my campaign back. Fortunately I`m playing almost only MP nowadays, otherwise I`d be a little angry, too.

But I don`t blame BIS, they give great support to us, and mistakes, well they simply happen. Sure I don`t throw the first stone tounge.gif