pognivet

[UNSUNG] River Run [SP]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1097936690

KrYCCPl.jpg

A randomized single-player rail-shooter set in Vietnam in 1969.

You were on a river patrol and it took longer than expected. Now its getting dark and the Vietcong are everywhere. You have to get back to base before it gets pitch black.

Some helicopters will help you from the air and civilians are expendable.

There's some music. I'll give the chance to disable it later if you don't like it.

The reason it is single player only is because of unitcapture.

Requirements:

Unsung Delta

ACE

Medium Utility Helicopters

Prei Khmoach Luong

It requires ACE for now, but I'll change that in the future.

• Like 1

Just tried this, very fun mission indeed! Was it inspired by the Vietcong mission where you also head down a river and shoot at anything moving?

Really well executed, I had no problems whatsoever during the mission. Though halfway down the stream I was deaf. Need to read up upon those ACE earplugs again :)

Hi...

Sounds great - my favorite mods in action - will be sure to give it a try... Thanks for sharing...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 8/20/2017 at 6:01 AM, TeTeT said:

Just tried this, very fun mission indeed! Was it inspired by the Vietcong mission where you also head down a river and shoot at anything moving?

Really well executed, I had no problems whatsoever during the mission. Though halfway down the stream I was deaf. Need to read up upon those ACE earplugs again :)

Thanks.

Funny enough I just beat Vietcong recently for the first time. I loved that game, especially the voice-overs which cracked me up. It also gave me A LOT of good ideas for missions.

I hardly even remember that little boat part during Operation Tin Can you're talking about though. Probably because it was so short. When I first started making this I had in mind a really old and obscure game called "Gunboat" from 1990 for DOS. I forget where I first played it. I think I found it on Abandonia one night after drinking too much. Although, as I began to play with unitcapture, the mission started to morph into a misanthropic version of Hydro Thunder.

I thought I gave earplugs to the player, but maybe it messed up. I'll try updating it and just put the earplugs in the boat and maybe some morphine so you can see straight if you take a flesh wound. I'll also make a non-ACE version since it isn't really needed I don't think.