Sign in to follow this  
HeroesandvillainsOS

Launcher - "Load Dependencies" screen too large to use (photo inside)

Ok, this has been annoying the hell out of me forever and ever, which I've been tolerating, but I'm sort of on my last legs being able to handle it anymore. When I select a mod in the launcher, if the mod has other requirements, I get greeted with this monstrosity. Notice how the tab is so big I have barely any room to select either of the options at the bottom, aside from a really small golden sliver:

NmR6NDV.png

For the sake of the screenshot, I dragged the tab more to the center of my screen. But otherwise, yeah, this is what I always see. Is it possible to make this tab smaller so the stuff I need to click don't go down into the shortcuts bar?

So is it not possible to resize this thing? For me, the options to maximize and minimize are greyed out. I moved my taskbar and I still can't reach the bottom right corner. I still sets below my screen. But I will say, even if I could reach the bottom right, I don't think a resize drag point is on the bottom right anyway so I don't think that would help even if I could reach it.

This is madness. Is there anyway to resize this window? You can resize the launcher, but why can't you resize this load dependencies window?

For me, the dependencies window opens at a reasonable size. It also does not look the way it does in your screenshot:

c21ZhC9.png

What are your display's size and resolution?

3 hours ago, Harzach said:

For me, the dependencies window opens at a reasonable size. It also does not look the way it does in your screenshot:

c21ZhC9.png

What are your display's size and resolution?

Oh thank goodness a reply! Lol. I appreciate it.

Well what the heck? My dependencies window looks nothing like yours at all. :( It's like a totally different screen.

I play on a TV actually. So 1920x1080. 

I'll hook the laptop up to the tv later and see what happens. Maybe some sort of HDMI scaling issue?

• Like 1

Hi Hero,

Not sure of your issue - I'm still using a 4:3 (1600x1200) monitor - but my display looks like @Harzach...

Also - just an OBTW - you really might want to look at (ArmA3Sync) - it make managing your content SOOOO much easier - trust me... I have categories setup for - Iron Front/FOW - 3CB British stuff for your Inshallah - Unsung - CUP Cold War - and RHS... It's a snap to drag and drop various addons - change your startup parameters - add a new category - whatever... It's just a single click to launch ArmA with all your desired settings and chosen addon group... I could never go back as it just makes life so much easier...

Best of luck...

arma3sync_presentation_5_4.png

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

I appreciate the reply @scottb613 ! I'd prefer not to use any outside resources for mod managing, but I'll consider it if the problem doesn't have a resolution.

I'm sort of surprised a BI dev hasn't hopped on to lend a hand here. They're generally pretty good helping with launcher issues but they must be really busy these days.

• Like 1

OK, my mistake. My screenshot does indeed show a different window. It is accessed by either right-clicking a mod and selecting "Show Dependencies" or by clicking the dependencies view button on the right side under the mod's thumbnail.

If I load the mod I get the same window as you, but again it opens to a reasonable size. I have also tried this using my TV as a display via HDMI. Everything scales properly. Sorry I haven't been much help here, Heroes. What an odd problem!

Can we assume that your computer is actually displaying at 1080p? Your screenshot looks exactly like what I get when I set my laptop display to 1280x720 and duplicate my displays. If I turn off my laptop display, the TV will switch to its native 1080p.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Harzach said:

OK, my mistake. My screenshot does indeed show a different window. It is accessed by either right-clicking a mod and selecting "Show Dependencies" or by clicking the dependencies view button on the right side under the mod's thumbnail.

If I load the mod I get the same window as you, but again it opens to a reasonable size. I have also tried this using my TV as a display via HDMI. Everything scales properly. Sorry I haven't been much help here, Heroes. What an odd problem!

Can we assume that your computer is actually displaying at 1080p? Your screenshot looks exactly like what I get when I set my laptop display to 1280x720 and duplicate my displays. If I turn off my laptop display, the TV will switch to its native 1080p.

Hmm. I'm not sure. Where can I check my desktop display resolution? I know the game is in 1920x1080 but yes this is a good idea. 

I'm not too computer savvy. Nvidia Control Panel for desktop resolution maybe? Guess I can check later. :)

I appreciate you looking into this for me. Just curious, do you see anyway on your end to manually resize the load dependencies tab or is it fixed and unchangable? I could easily be missing how to manually change it myself. When I right click on it, maximimize and minimize are greyed out and I don't see any way to manually drag the edges (though to be fair I can't see the bottom edges! Lol).

You can just right-click the desktop and select "Display settings." There, you can select whether or not to duplicate, extend, or limit displays. Resolution is set in "Advanced settings" at the bottom of the window that opens.

Unfortunately, I don't see a way to resize the Load Dependencies window. Definitely an oversight on BI's part.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2017 at 10:51 AM, Harzach said:

You can just right-click the desktop and select "Display settings." There, you can select whether or not to duplicate, extend, or limit displays. Resolution is set in "Advanced settings" at the bottom of the window that opens.

Unfortunately, I don't see a way to resize the Load Dependencies window. Definitely an oversight on BI's part.

This was ultimately the solution.

Windows 10 defaults to a "recommended" 150% zoom for desktops and app screens. Changing it to 100% gives me access to all the necessary things to click.

Unfortunately 100% makes everything REALLY small, so I guess I see why Windows recommends 150%. That also means I have to pick my poison from what I can tell.

Anyway, it's still a big oversight that we can't change the size of that window similar to other Arma 3 tabs, such as the launcher itself. That said, we can consider this solved, though I'm a bit salty over the solution. :)

Thanks for all the help!!! I appreciate it!

• Like 1