Sign in to follow this  
advocatexxx

Images of war...

Come on, dead people aren't that bad at all, what if i post a pic of mother theresa while she's lying in a coffin. Don't tell me that's disgusting or horrible...

What's wrong with dead people of they look like people who are sleeping!

It's not up for discussion darklight. These pages should be such that people of any age can watch it. Pictures of people getting violently killed in war is not acceptable.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OFPunk @ Nov. 21 2002,04:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">reichstag_30.jpg

These are all pictures of Stalingrad in WWII, thats all I know.<span id='postcolor'>

This is not Stalingrad, it's Berlin.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That last one wans't, that was Berlin, 1945.

That photo was actualy a staged shot.

The flag really was raised in that manner of the Reichstag, but there wasn't a photographer there at the time so it had to be redone with one. <span id='postcolor'>

Already been clarified...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 21 2002,16:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No more pictures of dead people or you get banned.

Mutilations, injuries etc. will get you banned as well.<span id='postcolor'>

How about decapitations? After all, they show it on TV!

From a CD cover of Nailbomb:

pointblank.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A picture called "Point blank persuasion", taken in Tam Ky, South Vietnam on November 9 1967. It's a picture of a woman Viet Cong suspect being questioned by a U.S. trooper at Point blank range. <span id='postcolor'>

The pic I will always remember is the one of the ARVN (South Vietnam Army) officer pointing his revolver at the side of the head of a "suspected" Viet Cong after the Tet attacks in Saigon. The look on the VC's face is what I remember the most.  The video clip of the execution is even more powerful.\

-=Die Alive=-

Yes, I remember that one. Bad, like all the executions I have seen. Must be absolutely horrible to know that the next second the other guy will pull the trigger. And the next moment you stop being... All your thoughts, memories and feelings gone... sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Nov. 21 2002,17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From a CD cover of Nailbomb:

pointblank.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A picture called "Point blank persuasion", taken in Tam Ky, South Vietnam on November 9 1967. It's a picture of a woman Viet Cong suspect being questioned by a U.S. trooper at Point blank range. <span id='postcolor'>

The pic I will always remember is the one of the ARVN (South Vietnam Army) officer pointing his revolver at the side of the head of a "suspected" Viet Cong after the Tet attacks in Saigon. The look on the VC's face is what I remember the most.  The video clip of the execution is even more powerful.\

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

actually the bloke had already pulled the trigger, the photographer caught the image just as the bullet was in the guys head.

they had apparently arrested the bloke, and then the photographer was going to take a picture of captured and captor, and before the photographer knew what was going on the bloke was on the floor dead.

He didn't know he had taken the picture in the moment of the guys death until he developed the film.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Nov. 21 2002,17:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That last one wans't, that was Berlin, 1945.

That photo was actualy a staged shot.

The flag really was raised in that manner of the Reichstag, but there wasn't a photographer there at the time so it had to be redone with one. <span id='postcolor'>

Already been clarified...<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I see it now, missed it..

Akira, you have to learn to post links properly. These are the links you have posted:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://http://www.sandiego.edu/~jcollins/Assets/images/new/b24-4.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://http://www.sandiego.edu/~jcollins/Assets/images/new/b24b.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://http://www.sandiego.edu/~jcollins/Assets/images/new/b24-5.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

See anything wrong?

Alright Mr. Smarty Pants! tounge.gif

You try processing legislation, talking on the phone, and keepin' up with these posts all at the same time!

Yeah yeah was a mistake! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Nov. 21 2002,08:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wintwar10.jpg

100 meter from enemy, about 5 km from Lemetti to north; 21 February 1940.

A Finnish machine-gun detachment guarding a blockade encirclement in the Lemetti district north-east of Ladoga on 21 February.<span id='postcolor'>

I heard they put whiskey or something in the fluid tank to keep it from freezing?

I cant believe no one has posted this:

lflaga.jpg

As an interesting aside, three of the guys in that photo played bit parts in 'The Sands of Iwo Jima' re-creating that famous scene in the movie.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Nov. 22 2002,05:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I cant believe no one has posted this:

Woops... bad ole me didnt check the file size on the Iwo Jima flag raising photo.  I'll fix it later and put the picture back!

As an interesting aside, three of the guys in that photo played bit parts in 'The Sands of Iwo Jima' re-creating that famous scene in the movie.<span id='postcolor'>

this picture has the same history like the soviet flag on reichstag picture smile.gif

some soldiers raised a flag after the battle for a photo. but the flag was too small in the commander's eyes, so he told the soldiers to raise a bigger flag. biggrin.giftounge.gif

i've found this very interresting pictures:

sovietfarmers_big.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In 1991 a photograph surfaced that supposedly showed three American Vietnam pilots alive after 20 years in captivity. Then the Pentagon found a 1923 photograph of three Soviet farmers that exposed the image manipulation.<span id='postcolor'>

source:

american photography

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I heard they put whiskey or something in the fluid tank to keep it from freezing?

<span id='postcolor'>

No, they didn't waste perfectly good whiskey to the MG  tounge.gif

They used glycerine or salt water.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

The machine gun's jacket held four liters of liquid. In addition to water the coolant was in the winter composed of two liters of glycerine (freezing point -30 degrees Celsius), of one half liter glycerine and 1.25 liters of salt water (freezing point -27 degrees), or of 1.25 liters salt water (freezing point -20 degrees Celsius). Because salt water corroded the jacket it had to be drained and hosed with clean water as soon as possible. The 1942 manual actually recommends that the crew shoot the first fifty rounds with an empty jacket and then add coolant.

<span id='postcolor'>

Source