Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Looting at wtc

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,228478,00.html

(In Swedish)

Basically some journalist named William Langewiesche claims that there was looting going on at Ground Zero by rescue workers. Have anyone else seen any articles about this? The one linked above doesnt really contain much information, just mentions a book by the journalist.

People also tried to abuse the ATM machines while the computer database was down or something like that. They thought they could take all the money they wanted and not get anything taken out of their account. Turns out that every time they made a withdrawl the ATM would take a few thousand dollars out of their account, so they ended up losing lots of money, hehehe.

If my memory serves me, that is.

i heard some mafia group was involved and started selling the loot on Ebay

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Nov. 19 2002,18:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">People also tried to abuse the ATM machines while the computer database was down or something like that.  They thought they could take all the money they wanted and not get anything taken out of their account.  Turns out that every time they made a withdrawl the ATM would take a few thousand dollars out of their account, so they ended up losing lots of money, hehehe.

If my memory serves me, that is.<span id='postcolor'>

bet u it was probably some made up crap to stop ppl trying it confused.gif

arg people really make me sick. *spits on ground* thats one of the worst things ive heard. I know it happend along time ago but still its just sick! mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Nov. 20 2002,05:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bet u it was probably some made up crap to stop ppl trying it confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well no, seeing as how I heard about it after the bank got their computer online and discovered the mistake.