Sign in to follow this  
zwobot

CargoTurret gunners do not engage

Hello,

I have a vehicle configured as StaticWeapon with two CargoTurrets, not much else. The proxies of the CargoTurret gunners are sunk into the ground because the vehicle is supposed to be a infantry fighting position. The problem is that the gunners do not engage identified enemy targets. They do notice the enemies and aim at them but do not engage. I can successfully force them to engage enemies with the commandTarget scripting command or by assigning them targets manually via the command interface when I'm their group leader.

Also in the test mission linked below, one AI unit is moved into the vehicle via it's init line and starts engaging exactly one of the two enemy soldiers as soon as the player enters the second CargoTurret in the vehicle.

The other way around, the AI inside the vehicle gets successfully engaged by enemies.

The problem does not occur when the proxies are aligned with ground level. The gunners of the CargoTurrest immediately engage enemies then as expected.

Can anyone provide assistance to resolve this issue and make the AI inside my CargoTurrets engage enemies by themselves? Can something be done about it in the config or model?

Below is the config.cpp, model.cfg and .p3d together with a test mission.

http://www.filedropper.com/cargoturretdoesnotengage

Sounds more like a engine limitation. Something about them being "stuck" in the ground. 

This would be an unfortunate limitation. Like I said, they do perfectly engage when scripted to do so with commandTarget.

No one else has any ideas?