Evilcallum1991

Custom Building objects causing massive FPS drops. [SOLVED]

I have created various large objects for a Mod I am developing, they work fine, collision, roadway.

The issue is, when someone is injured or killed in the presence of my custom buildings, the have MASSIVE FPS drops and even crashing.

Is this something to do with Distance LODS? The complexity of the object? 

Edit * [SOLVED] Issue was with RoadWay LOD having far too many polygons, will have to adjust and lower the polygon count.

What's the face count of the first lod and do you have other resolution lods besides the first one?

• Like 1

Thank you for you reply!

The Largest of the objects have 8471 Faces in LOD 0.000, I have not set up any other Visual LODS.

What's the poly count of the roadway?  Just curious.  A high poly count for the roadway can cause intense, unbelievable lag in certain conditions.

• Like 2

For the largest model, I had copied and pasted the model from LOD 0.000 into the roadway LOD, but on other buildings I had only copied the walkable areas from LOD 0.000 and they all have this issue.

Edited by Evilcallum1991
Extra explanation

Do this, just to isolate the problem.  Change your roadway LOD to an edit LOD, repack the addon (make sure you clear your temp file if your using addonmaker) and test it.  Obviously the roadway won't work because you don't have one, but we don't care for now.  We just want to see if you injure or kill a character if it'll cause lag.

FYI your roadway really ought to be anywhere from 2 polygons to maybe at most 100 polygons for the most complex model.

• Like 2

Can confirm, once I changed the Roadway LOD to a visual LOD, The issue no longer occurred. I will go back and replace all Roadways with less polygon objects! Thank you, @Delta Hawk !!! I now know where to look :D

Woohoo!  Beers for everyone!  I had the same problem with my ship.

• Like 2

Don't forget to make more resolution lods. He last lod should be anywhere from 150-350 faces if possible. Leaving just the first lod will hurt you just as much as that roadway problem once you fill the terrain 

• Like 1