Sign in to follow this  
gloomy

Russian pauk-class ship

er, in real life? im not an american so don think im biased smile.gif but did you ever see such a thing as the gulf war? i dont think a T72 even scratched an Abrams, although russians do have much better AFV's and AAV(Airborne Assault Vehicles) than the 'west', although western forces do have chobham armour on their side, its an amazing thing to have on vehicles, in the gulf war we(the brits) added chobham plates to the side of our Warrior AFV's, and to test, a challenger shot its 105mm cannon at it, and all it received was a dent  wow.gif  i dont think russia will be able to beat a large western force with tanks for quite a while, what they do excel at though, is lots of fast manouverable light armoured vehicles with ATGM's, one shot from any of the newest generation MBT's or from a decent ATGM on any target(apart from the very latest MBT's) and the target is pretty much dead, so having lots of small vehicles running after not so many big ones is a good idea when they both pack somewhere near the same punch

also western forces are now trying to do the same thing, the US Army wanted to base its entire force around the Stryker vehicle, although it does now seem to be a turkey...IMHO they should buy russian export BMP-3's and the BMD-3M for the airborne, or at least do a very good copy

Saw a program about the gulf war, where there was a part about a major tank battle with 12 abrams and the whole repuplic guard (iraqi elite unit) tank part. Battle lasted around 15 min if i remeber right, and not one abrams was lost and all iraqi tanks where destroyed. One of the abrams was hit ( tank commander says they fellt a little bump). So when they get out back at base and look at the tank they had a arrow projectile from a T72 AP round stuck in the front armour. So i really doubt it when you say that a T72 can take out 3-4 abrams with out getting stopped itself. Unless there are no crews on the abrams tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Nov. 16 2002,12:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Saw a program about the gulf war, where there was a part about a major tank battle with 12 abrams and the whole repuplic guard (iraqi elite unit) tank part. Battle lasted around 15 min if i remeber right, and not one abrams was lost and all iraqi tanks where destroyed. One of the abrams was hit ( tank commander says they fellt a little bump). So when they get out back at base and look at the tank they had a arrow projectile from a T72 AP round stuck in the front armour. So i really doubt it when you say that a T72 can take out 3-4 abrams with out getting stopped itself. Unless there are no crews on the abrams  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Iraqi forces can't fight right. BTW almost all Iraq tanks were destroyed by A10's. Watch Discovery channel smile.gif And I'm talking about newest version of T72. But the T72 which was in 1985 MUCH more stronger that M60 (even M60A3)

the M60 is based on the patton series of tanks that i believe originate from the late 40's...so its not really surprising

Fine, have it your way. You can't say that I didn't warn you.

Closing