thirith

Offer missions from mission folders other than default

Is there any way I can get Arma to look for missions in a different folder than the default one when I launch a non-dedicated server? I'm thinking of doing something with symbolic links, but I can't figure out how to get it to work. I can get the editor to access different folders through symbolic links, but since the missions are in .pbo format, that doesn't help much.

What about copying the pbos to armas mpmissions folder? Should be the easiest way.

sent from mobile using Tapatalk

Thing is, I've got a setup where I'm sometimes using the office PC as a dedicated server, and I've saved the missions on a network drive; on the dedicated server, I've linked the mpmissions folder to the network folder that the missions are on. I'd prefer to keep things more flexible on my gaming PC so I can check and test missions more easily, so I wouldn't want to do the same on that computer, but neither would I want to need the office PC to be on all the time so I can access the mission repository on the network folder. Does this make any sense?

You could set up 2 user profiles using the -profile switch in a desktop shortcut

So for your development profile, you would point the directory to a no default location, here you would have your un pbo'd mission folders in your profiles username folder

when you want to create a server mission, export the dev folder to Multiplayer via the editor = places it in the root MpMissions folder as a pbo file and not your profile user folder

this way the only server missions you have would be in the root mpmissions folder

• Like 1

That's a great idea, thanks! Will give that a try.