Sign in to follow this  
Kermit

It's the best war simulation out there, but...

But i just wasted...Å34.99

anyone want a copy of BF 1942...going cheap...ill knock a fiver off the price..yours to own for Å30.!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Nov. 18 2002,14:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I`ve seen a lot of bodies on photo or in the teaching videos we had to watch when we got our medic training in the Bundeswehr. I can`t remember any of them with closed eyes, that may be because of the way you die in war. Death can be terribly instantly, e.g. many of the dead german soldiers from Stalingrad, that I`ve seen in a book even had their arms put in the air or the legs like they were still running. They were killed instantly and because of the cold they stayed like in the moment when they were hit. A picture that really burned itself in my mind was that of a german soldier who was shot when he was walking to get his meal. His face was still showing signs of surprise, shock and pain.

And even if you die not instantly in war you suffer until you die. Your wounds may be so bad that you`re screaming and shaking all time until you take your last breath. And when you are dead then your face still has this look of pain and agony, eyes open. In vietnam it was common to close the dead`s mouth by binding the chin up.

Death comes very rarely with closed eyes, most times maybe when you die asleep. Don`t take the smooth easy way of dying granted you saw in the old western movies.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeh, i reckoned that was why. See what TV does to you kids? biggrin.gif

Gameer